The action film Attack, starring John Abraham, is slated to be released in theatres on August 13, the makers announced on Sunday. Based on a true story of a hostage crisis, Attack also features Jacqueline Fernandez and Rakul Preet Singh.
Written and helmed by debutant director Lakshya Raj Anand, the film stars Abraham as a lone ranger who leads an attack team during a counter operation. Attack is a joint collaboration between Abraham's production banner JA Entertainment, Jayantilal Gada's Pen Studios, and Ajay Kapoor Productions. Attack was originally announced for an August 2020 release but was delayed due to the coronavirus-induced nationwide lockdown.
With this, trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to his Twitter handle and confirmed more clashes at the Box Office.
John's Attack will compete with Allu Arjun's Pushpa which will release on the same day, considering Independence Day weekend. Apart from this, Ranveer Singh's '83 will clash with Hollywood's horror franchise Conjuring's third part and Sidharth Malhotra's Shershaah will face Tom Cruise's much-awaited film Top Gun.
#Xclusiv... More clashes CONFIRMED...— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 21, 2021
⭐️ 4 June: #83TheFilm Vs #TheConjuring3 [#English, #Hindi, #Tamil, #Telugu]
⭐️ 2 July: #Shershaah Vs #Major. Now #TopGun [#TomCruise] to release on this date [#English, #Hindi, #Tamil, #Telugu]
⭐️ #IndependenceDay weekend: #Pushpa Vs #Attack pic.twitter.com/2QnffSb0Kx
The actor said Attack aligned with his vision to make entertaining and high-on-content films. "At JA Entertainment, it is our endeavour to push the envelope and produce films that entertain and have something significantly different to show to our increasingly discerning audience. "Releasing the film in theatres this Independence weekend adds to my excitement," Abraham said in a statement.
John described the film as a "taut action entertainer" and said that it ticked all the boxes for him. Gada said that the team's decision to release the film in theatres is an extension of their support to film exhibitors and cinema hall owners who suffered losses last year due to the pandemic. "By planning to bring it to theatres on 13th August 2021, we are standing by film exhibitors and theatre owners who have survived a very difficult year during the COVID-19 crisis.
John and his production house have conceived a phenomenal film and people will flock to watch it on the big screen!" the producer said. Kapoor said Attack chronicles an "engaging and important story". "It's a pleasure to release the film on Independence (Day) weekend when its story will resonate with people even more," he said.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.