Did you know that a part of the Positano beach was shut down during the shoot of Ghungroo song? The Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff starrer War is everything about scale. The action sequence is shot at exotic locales along with the movie songs. 150 dancers were flown from Milan to shoot the Ghungroo sequence on the Amalfi coast at the Positano beach in Italy. The movie released on October 2, 2019, was released in three different languages i.e., Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu and grossed the highest first-day collection for a Bollywood film.
ALSO READ| 'War': Hrithik Roshan-Tiger Shroff's Fight Leads To T-shirt Digs
Facts about Amalfi coast, Italy
The Amalfi coast stretches for 30 miles along the southern coast of the Sorrentine peninsula located in the south of Italy. It is a must-visit place whenever one talks about visiting Italy. The location is a complete package of rich cultural history, beautiful Mediterranean landscape, spectacular coastline across the deep blue sea and forested cliffs.
- It is considered as one of the most expensive destinations in the world.
- It is a UNESCO world heritage site in 1997.
- The first-ever song to be shot in Amalfi coast was War movie's Ghungroo
- Legend has it that cappuccino style of coffee originated here. According to the story, the beautiful church turned hotel called 'Capuchin convent' was the very place where the magic of Cappuccino coffee was created. it is believed that it was the Capuchin monks that lived here were the first to add milk to their coffee, thus creating the cappuccino that we love today.
- Anybody who has been to Italy knows that the place is well known for ceramics. Amalfi coast is the main centre where ceramics are produced. One can see a resemblance of the city's locales translated into their ceramic art.
- According to the history of Amalfi, many noblemen used to construct churches in their houses to show their social status. Thus, a visitor can see many churches turned into houses at the cliff-sides on Amalfi coast.
- A mythological connection: In Greek mythology, it is believed that Ulysses resisted the call of the sirens near the coast of Positano.
- Amalfi coast is filled with lemon orchards planted for the long sea voyagers to fight scurvy.
- Paper was introduced to Europe through Amalfi. The journals, cards, stationery made here are made up of the local hand-made paper called bambagina.
- One interesting fact of Amalfi is that one can find many miniature figurines that depict the nativity from the 18th century to the present times.
ALSO READ| War Movie Collections: Highest First Day Collection For A Hindi Film
War: Ghungroo song
Hrithik Roshan and Vaani Kapoor's fresh pair lights up the screen while they groove to ‘Ghungroo toot gaye’ which is a spin on the classic song of the same name. Sung in the melodious voice of Arijit Singh and the soulful Shilpa Rao, the song fits perfectly to the energy of this high-octane action movie. The YRF produced War movie is full of exotic picturesque locations, with many unique locations that were untouched by Bollywood. War becomes the first-ever movie to shoot an action sequence at the ice in Finland (in the arctic circle) with the world-famous action director Paul Jennings directing this sequence.
ALSO READ| 'War': Hrithik Roshan-Tiger Shroff Leave Sussanne Khan 'blown Away'
ALSO READ| Jayalalithaa Biopic: Kangana Ranaut's Film In Trouble? Rangoli Reacts
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.