On account of the 40th foundation day of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday addressed the party cadres. In his address, PM Modi focused almost exclusively on the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. He remarked that India's ensuing efforts to tackle the pandemic have set an example to the world.
During his address, PM Modi stated how India's war footing steps to tackle the situation have set an example for the world.
India's attempts to battle the COVID pandemic has set a new example to the world. India is one of the countries in the world that understood the seriousness of the situation and took timely steps to initiate a war against it: PM Modi #BJPat40— BJP (@BJP4India) April 6, 2020
In addition, PM Modi also spoke about the government's close coordination with other establishments and experts.
India took one step after another and worked to ensure those measures reached the bottom. We've ensured that all govts work together in this, and made all important decisions in sync with experts: PM Modi #BJPat40— BJP (@BJP4India) April 6, 2020
Here's PM Modi's address on BJP's 40th Foundation Day
PM Modi also issued a 5-point appeal to the party cadres during his address:
1) Gareebon ko ration ke liye seva abhiyan - "You need to take it up in a big way. Let no needy be left out, let no underprivileged go hungry" - to ensure rations for the poor.
2) Cover your face while going to help anyone - "It isn't necessary that the gear which is required for medical practitioners is essential for everyone, even home-made remedies can be applied. Make 5 masks for people each."
3) Thank people for their efforts, "increase their morale, mobilise people for this. For this Dhanyavaad Abhiyaan - party's mandate is to take 5 letters of thanks from each family - at polling booth, for healthcare workers, police, sanitisation workers, government workers, post-office staff. Let there be a signature campaign."
4) This is very important for a long fight. Govt has designated Aarogya Setu app - to inform citizens. Each karyakarta must ensure this app is installed in 40 people's phones, and information duly filled up.
5) Financial help is also very important. We've seen in times of crisis, mothers and wives donate their jewellery and gold, poor empty their purses. We've seen this during war, and this situation is nothing short of a war. We've seen people donate to PM-CARES fund, and my appeal to BJP cadre is to contribute to this fund and appeal to 40 people to do so as well.