Following his comments on the dastardly Pulwama terror attack, Punjab Cabinet minister Navjot Singh Sidhu who was a judge in 'The Kapil Sharma Show' has been asked to step down, as per sources. Sources also add that he will be replaced by Archana Puran Singh on the show.
Protests have been held outside the show's set on Saturday, and the call for Sidhu to be expelled from it had echoed all across social media a day earlier after the Congress leader absolved Pakistan of being behind the attack and terrorism in general when he said that 'terrorism has no nation', and then proceeded to seek dialogue once again:
Speaking to news agency ANI, Archana Puran Singh has confirmed that she has shot two episodes for 'The Kapil Sharma Show' dated 9th and 13th February. She furthers stated that those episodes were shot as a temporary replacement for Kapil Sharma as he was busy somewhere else.
Meanwhile, the episodes are yet to be telecast. Giving further information, Archana claimed that she has not been approached yet by anyone as the permanent replacement of Navjot Singh Sidhu.
"I am saddened. The bigger point is that it is a cowardly act. Terrorists have no religion, nation, and caste. There is no doubt that a diamond cuts a diamond, a fire kills a fire and anti-dote of poison is poison. However, in places where this kind of situation occurs or war takes place, there is always a parallel dialogue. There should be a permanent solution to this", Sidhu said.
Navjot Singh Sidhu's remarks continue his almost year-long trend of championing India's terror-friendly neighbour and putting the Indian government down. Previously, he had caused controversy by hugging Pak Army chief Bajwa while attending Imran Khan's swearing in.
Later, at the inauguration of the Kartarpur corridor in Pakistan, Sidhu had posed for photos with an aide of 26/11 terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed and then allowed India to be embarrassed at the global stage as he and Imran Khan engaged in a bonhomie deliberately meant to belittle the presence of official government representatives.
40 CRPF Jawans were martyred on Thursday as the convoy they were travelling in, on the Jammu-Srinagar highway, was attacked by a suicide bomber in an explosives-laden car. The Pakistan-backed Jaish-e-Mohammad has claimed responsibility for what has become the worst terror attack on the forces in many decades, drawing condemnation from across the world. India has revoked Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status and also approached diplomatic missions of numerous countries to isolate Pakistan globally. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said that there is incontrovertible evidence of Pakistan's hand being behind the attack, while PM Modi has assured that the sacrifices of the CRPF Jawans would not go in vain, and that a free hand has been given to the security forces to avenge the attack.
The CRPF has posted a heartrending graphic of the 40 bravehearts who were martyred: