Republic TV has ascertained details of the shocking incident that took place in New Delhi on Saturday night (at 3:40 am on Sunday morning, to be specific), as a VVIP brat, son of a former BSP MP and brother of a MLA, brandished a gun at a couple in a top New Delhi hotel.
Here are ten things to know:
1. As per sources, the probe that has been initiated into the incident has ascertained that the matter began with the male victim taking his woman friend to the restroom as she was nauseous. At that time there were already three women inside -- friends of accused Ashish Pandey. They took exception to the nauseous woman being there and began shouting at her following which an argument broke out.
2. Shortly after, Ashish entered the fray and joined the argument. The argument got heated, and a little while after that, Pandey allegedly brandished the gun.
3. Interestingly, the video of the incident which has gone viral seems to have been recorded by a friend of Pandey from inside his car. The car, which is of a high-end make, is also purportedly where he had kept his pistol.
4. Towards the end of the altercation, as two of Pandey's friends attempt to send him back inside the car, Pandey gets into the driver's seat. At this point, another exchange of abuses ensues, after which his friend in the Gold dress who is also sitting in the front laughs at the entire episode, continuing to issue profane descriptors.
(Pandey inside the car. Notice the video is being recorded from the seat diagonally across from him)
5. Republic TV has also accessed the accused's social media profiles, in which he is proudly showing off his guns, of which there is a wide assortment, and even a Japanese Katana.
6. The main-accused, Ashish Pandey, is the son of a former BSP MP Rakesh Pandey and the brother of a sitting MLA. He has been absconding since the video came to light and his phone is switched off. He resides in Lucknow West.
7. The Delhi Police, in a briefing on the matter, said that they took suo moto cognisance of the incident as nobody made any complaint. Two police teams have been dispatched, one to find the accused, the other to find his friends. The hotel staff has also been called in to give their statements. The UP police has been contacted and authorities have been approached to ensure Pandey doesn't flee the country.
8. Republic TV has accessed the FIR in the case:
9. Home Ministry MoS Kiren Rijiju has tweeted on the matter, writing the following:
"Delhi Police has initiated action on this incident which is also being shown in the media. FIR has been registered under Arms Act and IPC. Strong and appropriate action will be taken. Also verifying the identity of others."
(The tweet contains a video of the incident, including profanities, and hence, hasn't been reproduced here)
10. Rahul Gandhi's brother-in-law Robert Vadra has tweeted on the incident, writing the following: