- Out of the total 58 Ministers, 25 took oath as Cabinet Ministers, 9 as Ministers of State with Independent Charge and 24 as Ministers of State.
- While the average age is 59.36 years, 7 ministers fall below the age of the age of 50
As the Prime Minister and his new Cabinet of Union Ministers take oath at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi on Thursday, here are the young Turks who will be joining the Modi Cabinet 2.0, who fall way below the average age of the cabinet which is 59.36 years
- Smriti Irani (43) - BJP: She is the current MP of Amethi, Uttar Pradesh after defeating Congress president Rahul Gandhi from his family bastion by a margin of 56,036 votes. She was a part of the previous Modi Cabinet as Human Resource Development Minister, Information and Broadcasting and then Textile Minister. She hails from Mumbai and rose to fame for her stint as a Hindi television actress.
- Harsimrit Kaur Badal (52) - Akali Dal: She is the current MP of Bhatinda, Punjab after defeating Congress' Amrinder Singh Raja Warring. She has previously won the seat 2009 and 2014. She was also a part of the previous Modi Cabinet as Union Minister of Food Processing Industries. Hailing from Chandigarh, she rose to fame after she joined the politically acclaimed Badal family and contested her first Lok Sabha elections in 2009.
Here's The List Of Ministers Of State In The Second Narendra Modi-led NDA Government Who Are Taking Oath With The Prime Minister
MINISTER OF STATE (Independent Charge):
- Mansukh Lal Mandaviya (46) - BJP: He was a junior minister in the previous Modi Cabinet in the Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Chemicals and fertilizers. He also served as the Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways. Being a parliamentarian since the year 2012 after being elected as a Rajya Sabha MP representing Gujarat, Mandaviya rode to Thursday's swearing-in ceremony on his bicycle. He was previously an MLA in the Gujarat State Assembly. He hails from Bhavnagar, Gujarat and rose to fame as a student leader in the ABVP Gujarat chapter.
- Kiren Rijiju (47) - BJP: He is the current MP of Arunachal West, Arunachal Pradesh after defeating Congress' Nabam Tuki after he garnered 225796 votes. Rijiju served in the previous Modi Cabinet as Minister of State for Home Affairs. He had also won his Lok Sabha constituency previously in 2004 and 2014. Hailing from Nafra, Arunachal Pradesh, he rose to fame as the 'voice of North East India' as he has spoken and written on the socio-economic issues and the flood management in North East India.
Modi Cabinet 2.0: Here's The Party-wise Break-up Of The 58 Ministers Of The Narendra Modi-led NDA Government That Was Sworn-in At Rashtrapati Bhavan
MINISTER OF STATE:
- Anurag Singh Thakur (44) - BJP: He is the current MP of Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh after defeating Congress' Bilaspur MLA Ram Lal Thakur by a margin of 4,01,692 votes. He was first elected into the Lok Sabha in 2008 and was re-elected for the fourth time as the Hamirpur MP in 2019. Hailing from Hamirpur, Thakur's father Prem Kumar Dhumal himself was a former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. Apart from being a successful politician, Thakur rose to fame when he was appointed as the president of the Board of Cricket Control of India from 2015-2017.
- Babul Supriyo (48)- BJP: He is the current MP of Asansol, West Bengal after defeating Trinamool Congress' Moon Moon Sen after he garnered 6,32,727 votes. He has served in the previous Modi Cabinet as Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises as well as the Minister of State for Urban Development, Housing, and Urban Poverty Alleviation. He joined BJP in March 2014 and won the Asansol constituency then beating Trinamool's Dola Sen. Hailing from Uttarpara, West Bengal he rose to fame as a Bollywood playback singer with hits like 'Kaho Na Pyaar Hai', 'Hum Tum'.
- Debasree Chaudhari (48) - BJP: She is a first time Lok Sabha MP from Raiganj, West Bengal after beating Trinamool' s Agarwal Kanaialal and incumbent CPI (M) MP Mohd. Salim. Hailing from Kahdimpur, West Bengal she rose to fame for spearheading the BJP Yuva Morcha and Mahila Morcha's agitation against the Mamata Banerjee Government.
- Rameshwar Teli (48) - BJP: He is the current MP of Dibrugarh, Assam after defeating Congress’ Paban Singh Ghatowar by a huge margin of 3,64,566 votes. He had also won the seat in 2014. He was previously an MLA in the Assam State Assembly from 2001 to 2011. Hailing from Duliajan, Assam Teli is a young Tea Tribe leader and is known for his ordinary lifestyle and amicable nature. While his parents still live in the thatched house in Tipling, his uncle is a handcart puller.
Here's The Average Age Of PM Modi's Council Of Ministers