Hours after the revised guidelines by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announcing further relaxation for shops, Telangana government has announced that it will not implement MHA's revised guidelines for now and any discussion on the opening of shops in rural or urban areas will be examined on May 5 in the cabinet meeting.
Telangana has reported 984 COVID-19 positive cases of which 253 have been cured and discharged while 26 have succumbed to the virus.
On April 20, the Telangana government had also issued orders to extend the ongoing lockdown till May 7 with stringent measures even as PM Modi had extended the nationwide lockdown only till May 3.
READ | Relief: Salons, Parlours & Barbershops Now Allowed To Open, With Conditions, Amid Lockdown
READ | Centre Adds Clarification: All Rural Shops Except Malls Allowed; E-commerce Still Limited
MHA's revised guidelines:
MHA on Saturday released orders for further relaxation of lockdown as an amendment to its April 15 guidelines. The revised guidelines dated April 24 stated:
- In Rural areas, all shops except those in shopping malls are allowed to open.
- In Urban areas, all standalone shops, neighbourhood shops and shops in residential complexes are allowed to open. Shops in markets or market complexes and shops in shopping malls are not allowed to open.
What will be open after this order?
- All shops registered under the Shops and Establishment Act of the respective State/Union Territory
- Shops in residential complexes within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities
- Neighbourhood shops within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities
- Salons and parlours
- Standalone shops within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities
- All the markets in rural areas
- All non-essential goods and services in urban areas provided they are within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities
READ | Telangana Govt Issues Orders To Extend Lockdown Till May 7
READ | Carrying Residential Proof Mandatory For People Out To Buy Essentials: Telangana DGP
What will not be open after this order?
- Liquor shops
- Market complexes, outside the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities
- Shops in multi-brand and single-brand malls outside the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities.
- Multi-brand and single-brand malls
- Shops in the hotspots and containment zones, except essentials