- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday in the National Capital
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday in the National Capital, where he spoke on a various issues related to his state and also submitted a 16-point letter to him.
The following points were discussed and mentioned in the letter which the Telangana CM submitted to PM Modi:
- Transfer of Bison / Polo ground lands for construction of secretariat and Road widening.
- Establishment of Indian Institute Informational Technology (IIIT) in Karimnagar.
- Establishment of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Hyderabad.
- Establishment of 21 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) in new districts.
- Sanction of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) in Hyderabad.
- Revival of Cement Corporation of India (CCI) in Adilabad in joint collaboration with NHAI as proposed by the Ministry of Surface Transport.
- National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Zaheerabad with a request for release of funds.
- Development of Kakatiya Mega Textile Park at Warangal. Sanction of Rs 1000 Crores by the Government of India.
- Request to refer petitions of Telangana to Krishna River Water Disputes Resolution Tribunal.
- Conferring of National Project to Kaleshwaram status and sanction of special grant to this major irrigation project.
- Resolution of bifurcation of Schedule IX and X Institutions under AP State Reorganization Act.
- Expeditious completion of Railways Projects.
- Scheduled Caste0sub-categorization.
- Setting of Tribal University in Warangal District.
- Release of Rs 450 Crores under Backward Areas Grant Fund as per State Reorganization Act.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana proposal.
After KCR won the elections with a majority in Telangana assembly polls, BJP president Amit Shah congratulated him on Twitter.
The BJP was also seeking an alliance with the TRS ahead of the assembly polls results. But TRS had turned down it in favour of AIMIM.
READ: 'Will Do National Politics From Hyderabad, ' Says KCR Making Development Pitch After Stunning Telangana Win
After winning the polls, KCR said that his party will be taking an active and key role in national politics.
"We are being cool and calm, we never cared about Congress and others. We will be taking an active and key role in national politics. I will do national politics from Hyderabad. We want non-Congress and non-BJP rule in India," he said.
READ: Gathbandhan Divided: Miffed Akhilesh Snubs Rahul Gandhi, Waxes Lyrical About KCR's Non-Congress Federal Front
Follow all the breaking news and headlines on Elections 2019. From major political events to the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections, Republic World brings you all the latest news from the world of politics. Tune in and catch the election updates live only on Republic World.
Trending in Politics - Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Amit Shah, Yogi Adityanath