According to a lifestyle magazine, honey is a natural antioxidant. This protects the skin from oxidative damage caused by the rays and contaminants of the sun and also helps rejuvenate the body. Honey is widely considered to have moisturizing properties that help attract and retain moisture in the body, making it an excellent moisturizing and cleaning agent. Here are a few honey face packs for beautiful skin:
5 homemade honey face packs
Papaya and honey
For people with dry skin, this combination of papaya and honey can reportedly do wonders. Honey can greatly nourish the body, while the enzymes in papaya pulp are said to unblock the pores and wash the skin deeply.
- You would need 1/4 cup ripe papaya pulp, 1/2 teaspoon honey, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice for this face kit.
- Mix all the ingredients until it reaches a thick consistency.
- When done, spread it evenly on your face, allowing it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Each alternate day, you can repeat this process.
Read: Best Homemade Face Packs To Get A Clear, Fresh And Glowing Skin
Orange, honey, and turmeric
Use this facial wash to minimize stubborn tan over a period of time.
- Take 1 cup of orange peel powder, a drop of medicinal turmeric, and 1 cup of organic honey.
- Mix all together in a fine paste.
- Apply to the face and neck and rinse with any gentle face cleanser or rose water after 5 to 10 minutes.
- Seek not to use this on skin susceptible to acne, but you should follow it with an acne skin face pack if you choose to do so.
Read: Multani Mitti: Treat Dry Skin With These Multani Mitti Face Packs
Milk powder and honey
This is an excellent skin cleaner.
- Simply mix 1 tablespoon of milk powder with 2 teaspoons of organic honey.
- Add some rose water and mix it into the thick paste.
- Apply it to your face and gently massage it.
- Let it sit on your face for 25 minutes and wash it away with cold water.
Read: Homemade Almond Face Packs For You To Get Bright And Glowing Skin
Banana and honey
Bananas can be very good for your overall health. But have you ever considered that a banana can do wonders to your skin?
- Take a pan and mash a ripe banana and add a little honey or coconut oil.
- To make a paste, blend them together.
- Apply this paste and keep it on for 15 minutes on your clean face.
- Wash it with water. This face mask is the best for the winter season.
Read: Benefits Of Guava Leaves For Skin: Face Packs To Give You Glowing Skin
Tomato and honey
According to a health magazine, honey is a natural humectant, which helps improve moisture absorption and hydration in your body. Tomatoes have antioxidants that make your skin look alive and new. This mask will not only help restore the missing moisture of your body but will also bring a faint rosy glow to your eyes.
- Cut a tomato in half and slice it up after scooping out all the seeds from the inside.
- Mash the slices into a fine paste and add a couple of honey spoons to it.
- Apply this paste as a face mask and, for the next 15 minutes, leave it on to dry.
- Then you can use a soft face wash and lukewarm water to wash it off your face.
Disclaimer: The effect of honey on the skin varies from person to person. It is always recommended to do a patch test before applying any new substance on the face.