The Homecoming of the mega celebration of Indian cinema, NEXA IIFA Awards 2019 brought the best of Bollywood on one stage with a Star-Studded Awards Show. Marking the 20th glorious celebration of the spectacular IIFA journey, NEXA IIFA Awards 2019
took over the vibrant entertainment capital of the country, Mumbai with an unforgettable awards presentation, bringing together the biggest names of Bollywood in celebration of Indian Cinema.
Alia Bhatt reacts to Nushrat Bharucha's 'Ranbir Kapoor in towel' wish
The celebrities literally dazzled the green carpet at the event on Wednesday in Mumbai. While some impressed, a few were a let down in terms of their extravagant outfits. While some kept it simple & looked stunning, a few went a little extra and looked disappointing. From Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt to Karan Johar, Vicky Kaushal and Salman Khan — IIFA green carpet saw a flood of colors and unique outfit designs. From shimmer gold and smart tuxedos to beautiful tan and rugged home-style vibe — the celebrities put their best (and also worst) foot down.
A special mention to Rahul Bose,
Here are the categories:
Salman Khan makes fun of Ranveer Singh's outfit, crowd left in splits
- Madhuri Dixit Nene wore a stunning blood red off-shoulder Tanieya Khanuja gown.
- Genelia D'Souza wore a stunning sea green Manish Malhotra gown
- Sara Ali Khan in a strapless gown by Gaurav Gupta made her look like a barbie doll. Isn't it?
- Aditi Rao Hydari wore a strapless beaded gown by Falguni and Shane Peacock and looked an absolute stunner!
- Nushrat Bharucha in a dark blue gown made her look beautiful.
- Alia Bhatt wore a peach-pink gown by Georges Chakra and completed her look with a messy braid. The make-up was completely off but full marks for the outfit.
- Deepika Padukone wearing a custom Gaurav Gupta gown was a sheer let down. A long trail and a ghunghat, again? Doesn't it remind you of her wedding reception all over?
- Preity Zinta in a shimmery gold gown with a big bow behind! Well, the design is done and dusted.
- Katrina Kaif in a gold gown felt repetitive and didn't impress at all.
- Urvashi Rautela in a big white rose gown by Dar Sara High Fashion was quite over the top and disappointing.
- Radhika Apte in a Gucci dress from the Spring 2019 collection was a total disaster.
They made their presence felt
- Rekha in Kanjeevaram sari
- Radhika Madan in a dazzling red gown
- Swara Bhasker in white Avaro Figlio gown
Best Dressed Male
- Ayushmann Khurrana
- Aparshakti Khurrana
- Vicky Kaushal
- Ranveer Singh
- Jim Sarbh
- Riteish Deshmukh
Worst Dressed Male
- Shahid Kapoor
- Honey Singh
- Salman Khan
- Arijit Singh
- Bobby Deol
IIFA: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's kiss leaves fans with 'awww'
IIFA 2019: Vicky Kaushal, Aditi Rao Hydari are Best Supporting Actors