Cheese Chilli Naan recipe is a popular and delightful Indian recipe. Naan is a type of Indian bread, which can be eaten with any Sabji or Chicken. Stuffing naans with various combinations increases its taste and adds up more to the plain naan. Cheese Chilli Naan is an Indian-Italian combined dish best served in North Indian cities like Punjab, Amritsar and Delhi. Check out the lip-smacking recipe of Cheese Chilli Naan to make at home.
Also Read | Naan Turnovers is the new fusion dish to check out at North Indian restaurants in Mumbai
Ingredients for making Cheese Chilli Naan
For the dough
- 1/2 cup maida (plain flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh curd
- 1/2 tablespoon melted clarified butter (Ghee)
- Salt according to your preference
Also Read | Mumbai: Check out some of the best Naan turnovers in Mumbai
For the stuffing
- One teaspoon dry chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup grated processed cheese
- Two tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
Also Read | Famous African dishes: Barbeque to Staple delicacies that you must try
How to make Cheese Chilli Naan at home
- Take a bowl and combine dry yeast, sugar and mix them with 2 and 1/2 cup of lukewarm water. Keep the bowl covered for five to seven minutes.
- Prepare a dough by mixing the yeast and sugar mixture with plain flour, melted clarified butter and salt.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes, it will rise due to the yeast effect.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Roll each part like mini roti, keeping each naan's size similar.
- Sprinkle the cheese, chopped parsley and chilli flakes in the center of the dough. Pull the edges of the dough inward to seal the stuffing inside.
- Again roll the naans into similar sizes. Make sure you don't tear off the covering.
- Heat a non-stick pan on the medium flame. Add some clarified butter.
- Cook the naans on the fan until golden brown.
- Serve the hot cheese chilli naan with curd or green chutney.
Also Read | Monkey Bread Recipe: Make yummy dessert at home in these 5 easy steps
PROMO IMAGE CREDITS - SHUTTERSTOCK BY DronG