With another lockdown in effect, everyone is once again confined to their homes. Since a lot of people are missing out on some of their favourite restaurants and dishes, people are coming with recipes that closely resemble the restaurant favourites. With a similar aim, MasterChef Pankaj Bhadouria recently took to her social media to post a recipe of Pan Fried Noodles to satisfy the cravings for Desi Chinese. She claims that the dish tastes just like the restaurant one and can be easily made at home. Take a look at her Crisp pan-fried noodles topped with vegetables in schezwan sauce recipe.
Masterchef Pankaj Bhadouria's recipe to make Pan Fried Noodles
- 200g Noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup diced peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6-8 beans, sliced
- ½ cup diced cabbage
- 2 florets broccoli, sliced
- 2 whole red chillies, broken
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- 1tbsp vinegar
- 1tsp schezwan sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
ALSO READ | Indo-Chinese Food: Popular Lip-smacking Fusion Dishes To Try
ALSO READ | Restaurants In Mumbai That Are Unmissable For All Chinese Food Lovers
Directions to make
- Boil one litre of water in a pan. Add the noodles to it and cook for four minutes or till the noodles are cooked al dente.
- Once done, drain the noodles and refresh in cold water.
- Toss the noodles with a tbsp of oil and set it aside.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan and add half the garlic and cook till it acquires a golden colour.
- Then add the noodles, add the salt and the pepper as per the taste and mix it well.
- Spread the noodles in the pan and let it cook on a low flame. This is necessary for the noodles to become crisp at the base and the sides.
- Meanwhile, heat another tbsp of oil in a different pan and add the remaining garlic and the broken red chillies. Keep tossing till the garlic becomes golden in colour.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the pan and stir fry on high heat for a minute.
- Add the schezwan sauce to it and stir fry.
- On the side. Take two cups water, add the corn starch to it and make a corn slurry.
- Add the corn slurry to the vegetables, then add vinegar, salt and pepper to it as per the taste and bring to an immediate boil. Simmer the mixture for a minute till the sauce thickens and then remove from heat.
- Remove the crisp noodles on to a deep plate.
- Pour the vegetable-sauce mix over the noodles and serve hot.
ALSO READ | THESE Chinese Food Dishes Are Only Available And Made In India
ALSO READ | Chinese Food With A Desi Twist? Check Out These Mouth-watering Dishes Now