Chocolates are one of the few things that everyone loves to eat irrespective of the time of day. One can never be full to not enjoy some chocolates. From dark chocolate to white chocolate, everyone has their preferences but just the utterance of the word chocolate is enough to make everyone crave one. Be it a chocolate cake or a chocolate shake, chocolates are easy to add in recipes, but only when one knows how to melt them.
Also Read | Dessert Recipe: Quick And Easy Ways To Make Dessert Using Just 3 Items
Here are 5 easy methods of melting chocolates
1) Microwave it
This method is the easiest and the quickest method out of all the methods to melt your chocolates and use those as an ingredient in various dessert recipes. The steps for melting chocolates include:
- Firstly, chop the chocolates well and place them in a microwave-friendly bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and heat the chocolate for 1 minute at 70% power.
- Remove it and give it a nice stir.
- Put it back in the microwave for 30-second increments and stir it after until it is fully melted.
2) The old-fashioned method
This method is one of the oldest methods and ranks second in the priority list if one does not own an oven. This method is also known as the double boiler method. The steps for it include:
- Add water in a double boiler and let it simmer. Until then chop your chocolates into small pieces.
- Add the chocolates on the simmering water and stir it until there are no lumps left or found.
- Do not forget to use a spatula for scraping the chocolate that sticks on the sides of the double boiler.
Also Read | Halloween: Some Easy No-bake Recipes For Trick-or-treating This Year
3) The water bath method
- Take a wide-mouth cooker and remove its lid. Fill the cooker with water which needs to be filled more than half and let it heat.
- Take mason jars with open mouths filled with chocolates.
- Step away from it for 30 minutes and it will be in your desired form after 30 minutes.
Also Read | Peanut Butter: Benefits And Facts About The Tasty Food Item
4) The Big-Batch method
This method is beneficial when one needs to melt a large volume of chocolate. The steps for it are:
- Chop your chocolates and put them in a slow cooker.
- Set it on high flame, cover it and let it heat for an hour.
- Make sure you stir it after every 15 minutes.
5) The Ziploc method
- Place your chocolates in a sandwich-sized plastic Ziploc bag which is reusable.
- Make sure you seal the bag properly and then place it in a bowl full of boiling water.
- Once melted, cut a small chunk of the bag and drizzle your melted chocolate.
Also Read | Diwali 2019: Recipes For Sugar-free Sweets For People With Diabetes