- Sonu Jalan has revealed that he used to place bets on IPL for underworld dons Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Rajan
- Sonu Jalan was arrested by Thane Police's extortion cell a few days back
The Indian Premier League (IPL) betting scandal started off as a mere allegation by bookie Sonu Jalan against Bollywood producer Arbaaz Khan regarding betting on IPL. But ever since the questioning and grilling of the two was started by the Thane Police, many huge and sensational revelations have come out.
While the link between underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's D-Company and Sonu was revealed on June 1, more connections to underworld were exposed on June 2. It was found that the bookie was also in touch with Chota Rajan and his gang.
READ: From Confessions To Identifications: Here Are The Shocking Inside Details Of What Arbaaz Khan Said During His Questioning In Connection With A Global Cricket Betting Racket
Sources have told that Sonu used to place many bets on behalf of Chota Rajan, and in return, his gang members and shooters would threaten the people who refused to return betting money to Sonu.
READ: After Being Questioned In Connection With A Global Betting Racket That Trails To Dawood Ibrahim, Here's What Arbaaz Khan Said
With so many major revelations coming out in no time, let's take a look at the complete saga which has unfolded since the arrest of Sonu Jalan a few days back.
- India's topmost bookie Sonu Jalan was arrested by the Thane Police's extortion cell.
- The bookie revealed to the Police about the alleged involvement of Bollywood actor/producer Arbaaz Khan. He stated that Arbaaz would place bets on IPL matches through him, and the duo were in regular contact. It was also reported that the Bollywood celebrity suffered major loss in betting.
- The Thane Police summoned Arbaaz, and asked him to present himself for questioning before 11 am on June 2. The officials said they wanted to clarify and cross check the information provided by Sonu.
- Further questioning revealed links between Sonu and Dawood Ibrahim. The underworld don's D-Company through the bookie, and earned thousands of crores from it. Sonu, in turn, used the support of D-Company and gangster Ravi Pujari to recover money from people who wouldn't return the amount they lost through betting. There were threat calls sent to businessmen and builders by these gangsters.
- Sources revealed that a subcontinent Test match was fixed between two major ICC teams in 2016. Also, the anti-extortion cell of Thane Police revealed that a match of Pakistan league held in Pakistan was also fixed, and during this match, one of the Bollywood actor reached and met Sonu Jalan, who in turn fixed his meeting with the organizer of the tournament.
- Arbaaz arrived at the Thane police station at around 11:10 am on June 2, and headed straight into the station, where he would be questioned by the officials.
- During the questioning, the Bollywood star accepted that he was involved in betting since past six years, and had lost Rs 3 crore this IPL. He further added that he met Sonu six years ago, but did not remember of the bookie who fixed his meeting with Sonu.
- The 'Khan parivar' knew about Arbaaz's obsession to betting, and the fact that he had lost money. Sources say that his family was against this, and there were frequent arguments and fights within the family.
- Another Bollywood personality's name came up during the investigation. It was found out that film producer Parag Sanghvi also used to place bets. It is reported that he would also be called up for questioning soon.
- Sources add that Sonu named a senior Police officials name in the scandal, stating he had close proximity with that official. He further made another stunning claim, stating he had contact with another underworld don Chota Rajan. Sonu was in contact with his gang as well. He would place bets on behalf of Rajan, and in return, used his gang's and shooters help to threaten those who wouldn't return the money lost in betting.
- The bookie also claimed that he paid in excess of Rs 10 crore to Sri Lankan player back in 2012.
- Thane Police conclude Arbaaz's investigation and let him go. Arbaaz promises to co-operate with the Police.
- Sonu reveals that another top producer of Bollywood placed bets through him. Further, the individual had close relationships with the bookie, and had also invested money in few of Salman Khan's films. Thane Police will soon call him for his statement.