Taliban Spokesperson Welcomes US Prez's Idea Of Retracting The Troops

Rest of the World News

Suhail Shaheen, the spokesman of Taliban, supports Prez Trump's idea to bring US troops home from Afghanistan as the soldiers have been in Afghan for 19 years

Written By Bhavya Sukheja | Mumbai | Updated On:
Taliban

Suhail Shaheen, the spokesman of Taliban political office in Qatar, is apparently following US President Donald Trump's comments as he tweeted about the US President's recent speech at a rally in Minneapolis where the President called to bring American troops home from Afghanistan. On October 10, President Trump claimed that the American soldiers have been in Afghanistan for almost 19 years and that “it's time to bring them home”. The US leader had also declared last month that the talks between an American peace envoy and the insurgents were dead. 

READ: Donald Trump Criticizes Top NBA Coaches Amid China Controversy

'Worst decision'

A few hours before President Erdogan announced the launch of the military operation, the President of United States, Donald Trump took on Twitter to declare that US involvement in middle-east was the “worst decision ever” made in history. Furthermore, going into the disputed area has “endless wars” and the ”slow and careful” retraction of the US troops from Syria has at least ended the wars for his country. However, Donald Trump's decision has also been heavily criticized by other US leaders as the Syrian Kurds had supported America in their fight against IS militants.

READ: Deutsche Bank Tells Court It Does Not Have Donald Trump's Tax Returns

Trump faces criticism

As soon as President Trump announced the dislocation of the US troops, the President had to face heavy criticism from many leaders. While Speaker Nancy Pelosi called it a “foolish attempt”, Senator Bob Casey also feels that turning backs on their time of need is, in turn, going to make the United States unsafe. Senator Lindsay Graham said that the US will introduce bipartisan sanctions against Turkey if they are planning to invade Syria. The retired Army general who also headed Central Command's military operations, Joesph Votel also said that the sudden change in the policy this week has broken the trust at the “most crucial juncture and leaves our partners” with limited options. A Syria scholar at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, Jonathan Schanzer said that he is “alarmed” by the decision of retracting US troops from the Syrian border.

(With inputs from AP)

READ: Ilhan Omar Hits Back At Donald Trump For Being Called A 'disgrace'

READ: Donald Trump's Ireland Golf Course Expansion Plan Gets Approval

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS