Updated 20 February 2026 at 13:12 IST

Priyanka Gandhi Stays Muted On Naravane Memoir Row, Dodges Questions After Former Army Chief Exposes Rahul Gandhi

After Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Vadra on Friday has also dodged Republic's questions following former Army Chief General MM Naravane’s massive expose on Congress’ Galwan narrative. Priyanka Vadra followed Rahul Gandhi's footsteps, and went completely silent on the political row involving General Naravane's memoir. Despite repeated questions put forth by Republic TV, the Wayanad MP chose to not not respond at all.

Follow :  
×

Share


Priyanka Gandhi Stays Muted On Naravane Memoir Row, Dodges Questions After Former Army Chief Exposes Rahul Gandhi | Image: Republic

New Delhi: After Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Vadra on Friday has also dodged Republic's questions following former Army Chief General MM Naravane’s massive expose on Congress’ Galwan narrative. 

Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi was confronted by a Republic reporter at Lucknow’s airport this morning after being snubbed by General Naravane in an exclusive interview with Republic TV on Thursday. The former Army Chief had firmly countered Rahul Gandhi and the Congress party’s theories on Galwan in the interview. 

Rahul Gandhi was then questioned about remarks made by former Army Chief Manoj Mukund Naravane in the Republic Exclusive. Hours later, Priyanka Vadra followed brother Rahul Gandhi's footsteps, and went completely silent on the political row involving General Naravane's memoir. Despite repeated questions put forth by Republic TV, the Wayanad MP chose to not respond at all. 

Former Army Chief Manoj Mukund Naravane on Thursday, broke his silence on the ongoing controversy regarding his unpublished memoir ‘Four Stars of Destiny’. Speaking exclusively to Republic’s  Alisha Nair, General Naravane firmly countered Rahul Gandhi. He rejected allegations that India ceded territory to China, and said such claims were incorrect. He also dismissed political interpretations drawn from reported excerpts of his unpublished memoir. 

Responding to questions about his previous remarks that not an inch of Indian land had been captured by China, General Naravane stood firm. When asked if he still holds that position, he said people should ask the reverse question to China. He also completely dismissed the allegation that he was given vague instructions during the Galwan crisis and was “left alone." When asked whether he was being misquoted as his unpublished book took centre stage in Parliament, Naravane said the country should not live in the past. 

The political row flared after Rahul Gandhi cited the unpublished memoir in the Lok Sabha during the Budget Session, sparking up the 2020 standoff with China and alleging that the former Army Chief was left without political backing at a critical moment.  

 

Get Current Updates on India News, Entertainment News, Cricket News along with Latest News and Web Stories from India and around the world.

 

Published By : Anushka De

Published On: 20 February 2026 at 12:31 IST