#MeToo: Sussanne Khan Dismisses The Movement, Says 'There Is A Lot Of False Pretences, False Allegations And A Crazy Behaviour'

Bollywood News

As the 'Me Too' movement gains momentum in India, several women have mustered the courage to come out and point out the sexual predators. However, at a media interaction on Friday, October 12, veteran actor Sanjay Khan's daughter Sussanne Khan expressed that the 'Me Too' movement in India was being ineptly used by women.

Written By Shruti Kapadia | Mumbai | Updated On:
Source: Instagram

As the 'Me Too' movement gains momentum in India, several women have mustered the courage to come out and point out the sexual predators. Several eminent personalities from the Indian film industry have been named including Nana Patekar, Alok Nath, Rajat Kapoor, Varun Grover, Karim Morani, Sajid Khan and Vikas Bahl to name a few.

Read | #MeToo| Vikas Bahl's Ex-Wife Richa Dubey Defends The Director, Lashes Out At Kangana Ranaut

However, at a media interaction on Friday, October 12, veteran actor Sanjay Khan's daughter Sussanne Khan expressed that the 'Me Too' movement in India was being ineptly used by women. At a media interaction, Sussanne Khan said that the movement was being misused as a part to falsely accuse one. 

Khan said, "I definitely feel there is a lot of false pretences, false allegations and a crazy behaviour. They are using a platform badly and that's not a good thing." Khan who was previously married to Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan further added, "If they use the platform correctly, it's supposed to be a good thing."

The 'Me Too' movement that originated in the west around a year ago has taken the Indian film industry by a storm. The movement gained momentum after Bollywood actress Tanushree Dutta accused veteran actor Nana Patekar of sexual harassment while the duo was filming a song for the film 'Horn Ok Pleassss' in 2008. The actress also lashed out at choreographer Ganesh Acharya for pressurising her into doing an intimate sequence with Patekar for the song. Dutta also accused the producer of the film, Sami Siddiqui and director Rakesh Sarang of harassing her on the sets of the film. On Wednesday, October 10, Dutta filed a complaint with the police at the Oshiwara police station against the four.

Read | Amidst Harassment Allegations By Tanushree Dutta, Accused Nana Patekar Steps Aside From 'Housefull 4'

Patekar also opted out of 'Housefull 4' following Akshay Kumar's stand on the movement with allegations of sexual harassment on director Sajid Khan and Nana Patekar. In a statement that Akshay Kumar put up on his official Twitter handle on Friday, October 12, the actor who is gearing up for his upcoming film '2.0' said, "I've just landed back in the country last night and reading all the news has been very disturbing. I've requested the producers of Housefull 4 to cancel the shoot until further investigation. This is something that requires stringent action. I will not work with any proven offenders and all those who have been subjugated to harassment should be heard and given the justice they deserve." 

Check out his tweet here:

(With inputs from ANI)

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indians will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS