Advertisement

Updated December 30th, 2023 at 23:29 IST

Madhu Chopra reveals she contributed the least in raising Priyanka Chopra, says her family did a lot

In a recent byte, Priyanka Chopra’s mother Madhu Chopra recalled contributing the least in raising the global icon. She also dissed the nuclear family set-up.

Priyanka Chopra, Madhu Chopra
Priyanka Chopra, Madhu Chopra | Image:Pinterest
Advertisement

Actress Priyanka Chopra’s mother Dr Madhu Chopra recently opened up about her unconventional views on parenting and suggested that the traditional 'nuclear family set-up' should be done away with. Speaking in the book Raising Stars by Rashmi Uchil, Dr Chopra emphasised that nobody is fully prepared for parenthood and her daughter Priyanka often mentions their extended family setup in interviews.

Advertisement

Madhu backed her parenting guide with references from her personal life

Madhu revealed that during Priyanka's upbringing, Madhu was so engrossed in her career that the responsibility of raising the children largely fell on other family members. Despite her busy schedule, Madhu shared being immensely proud of her children's accomplishments and added that despite contributing a little, she was happy to witness Priyanka blossoming into a global sensation.

Advertisement

Madhu Chopra says the joint family system was a crucial part of how her children were raised

According to Madhu, a mother's influence on a child is substantial, amounting to 95% while the rest of the family including the father, contributes the remaining 5%.

Reflecting on their family dynamics, Madhu highlighted that Priyanka despite spending her formative years in a boarding school and later in the United States during her teens never complained about her absence. Madhu firmly believes that the joint family system played a crucial role in shaping her children's values and relationships.

Advertisement

Expressing her views on the importance of family, Madhu said, "In my opinion, the nuclear family set-up should be thrown out of the window. My kids grew up with their maasi, mani, mama, and cousins." She stressed that family is paramount for her and her children and the tight bonds they share.

Advertisement

Madhu described the happy family get-togethers they frequently organise, bringing together nine kids from her side and nine from her husband's side. The cousins, she noted, are so close-knit that distinguishing them from real siblings is nearly impossible, underscoring the enduring strength of their familial ties.

Advertisement

Published December 30th, 2023 at 23:29 IST

Your Voice. Now Direct.

Send us your views, we’ll publish them. This section is moderated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Whatsapp logo