Biology is about the science of life that deals with the evolution of living things right from the cellular level. It is divided into many branches like botany, zoology, morphology etc. CBSE class 12 students are now preparing for their upcoming 12 board exams, so here are some basic biology questions for their revision. These can also be followed for biology quiz.
1. The formula for exponential population growth is
Answer- dN/dt = rN
Exponential population growth is also termed as J shaped growth curve.
2. The two different species cannot live for long duration in the same niche or habitat. Which law is this?
Answer- Gause’s competitive exclusion principle
The competitive exclusion principle, referred to as Gause's Law of competitive exclusion or Gause's Law that states that Two different species cannot live for long duration in the same niche or habitat.
3. An association of individuals of different species living in the same habitat and having functional interactions is
Answer- Biotic Community
4. Which one of the following is one of the characteristics if a biological community?
5. Name the base change and the amino acid change, responsible for sickle cell anaemia.
Answer - GAG change as GUG, Glutamic acid is substituted by valine.
Glutamic acid is replaced by valine at the 6th position of the beta-globin chain of haemoglobin. It is at the sixth codon of the beta-globin chain is replaced by valine.
6. Name the most invasive aquatic plant weed which is called as Terror of Bengal.
Answer- Water hyacinth (Eichhornia)
7. Identify the following pairs that are not correctly matched?
Answer- Syphilis – Trichuris Trichura
8. Antigens are present
Answer - On the cell surface
9. Which of the glands is often referred in relation with AIDS?
Answer - Thymus
10. AIDS spreads through:
Answer - All of the above