The NTA (National Testing Agency) reopened the opportunity for candidates who wanted to apply for JEE-Mains exam. NTA is a body responsible for conducting numerous exams in India. The JEE-Mains is an entrance exam for students seeking admission into engineering colleges in India. The newly extended application dates for JEE- Mains start from today that is May 19 and would be opened till May 24, 2020.
Amidst the Coronavirus lockdown cases all over the world, many students were doubtful about continuing their dream of studying abroad. So for those students, this extension dates for JEE-Mains bring a lot of relief as now they can apply to many prestigious universities and colleges of India through their JEE-Mains score. Check out the latest tweet sent by Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal regarding the same.
ALSO READ| MAT, India's Second Largest MBA Entrance Exam, Goes Online Amidst COVID-19
New extension dates for JEE-Mains application for 2020
- The JEE-Mains 2020 will be conducted from July 18 to July 23.
- Those students who couldn't apply for the exam earlier as the dates were closed can take this opportunity to qualify for the prestigious engineering colleges in India.
- JEE-Mains is the first leg exam of the two-tier JEE entrance exam.
- JEE - Mains is an entrance exam for admission to engineering colleges in India. It is also a qualifier exam for those who want to attempt JEE- Advanced exam. JEE- Advanced is however conducted by the IITs for selecting students.
- Take a look at the official public notice that NTA sent out today mentioning the necessary information regarding the extension of the application dates.
Image courtesy: Twitter
ALSO READ| Delhi University Latest Updates: Group Of Professors Oppose "open Book" Exam Suggestion
Pointers to remember for JEE-Mains 2020 exam
- The JEE Main Exam 2020 will be held across the country from July 18 to July 23 this year.
- The application form process for JEE-Mains 2020 will be available on or before May 24, 2020.
- The forms can be completed and submitted only up to 5 pm on May 24, whereas the submission of the fees can be done until 11.50 pm on May 24, 2020.
- Candidates have been asked to pay the application fee online via debit card, net banking, UPI, or Paytm.
- Students qualifying in the JEE-Mains exams will appear for the JEE Advanced exam which will be held later
ALSO READ| Gauhati University Result 2020: 1st & 3rd Sem Results Out For BSc, BCom, & Other Courses
ALSO READ| Lucknow University Latest Updates: Over 1 Lakh Affiliated Students Fear Filling Forms
Promo Image courtesy: Green Chameleon on Unsplash