With the Centre announcing an extension of the lockdown imposed till May 17, the Tamil Nadu administration has issued new guidelines to be followed amid the extended lockdown. The Cabinet which met on Saturday has decided that there will be no relaxation in any of the containment zones in Tamil Nadu irrespective of the relaxations advised by the Centre in different zones. The state administration has issued distinguished guidelines for Chennai corporation and other districts in the state. So far 2,526 positive cases of Coronavirus have been reported while 28 deaths have been witnessed. 1,312 individuals have also recovered.
READ | Coronavirus Live Updates: Nodal Officers Appointed For Migrants; Total Cases Reach 37336
Guidelines for Chennai
- SEZ and export units allowed to function with 25% of the workforce. Companies to facilitate transportation for employees
- IT Companies allowed to function with either 10% or 20 employees in the company.
- Essential shops to remain open from 6 am to 5 pm (Apart from containment zones)
- E-commerce facilities to be restricted to only essentials
- Restaurants allowed to operate between 6 AM - 9 PM. Only takeouts, no dine-in.
- All standalone shops including essential and non-essential stores allowed to open
- Barbers and saloons restricted from opening services
READ | Lockdown Extended: Here's A List Of Activities Permitted & Prohibited Across Three Zones
Guidelines for remaining districts in Tamil Nadu (except containment zones)
- Industries which are away from the corporation and municipal limits allowed to function
- Textile Industries allowed functioning with 50% of the workforce after inspection
- SEZ and export units allowed to function with 50% of the workforce
- IT companies can work with 30% of the workforce
- All shops in villages can remain open from 9 am to 5 pm
- Restaurants allowed to open between 6 am and 9 pm
- Collectors and Corporation Commissioner should ensure physical distancing, sanitation and welfare of the employees
- Gatherings prohibited, Section 144 still in place
- Malls, Liquor shops, theatres and gyms will be shut
- No Taxi, auto to ply
- Metro and interstate transport not to run
- Resorts and hotels to remain closed
READ | MHA Permits Movement Of Stranded Persons By Train, Railways To Run 'Shramik Special'
READ | Prashant Kishor Claims Health Ministry's Red-Orange-Green Zones Have 'no Scientific Basis'