Updated December 30th, 2023 at 16:13 IST
Delhi Traffic Alert: Partying in CP? Places where you can park your vehicles on December 31
In the traffic alert, the police made it clear that there would be limited parking space available near CP during the New Year's cel
New Delhi: With Delhites planning to party on New Year's Eve, the Delhi traffic police issued a traffic advisory for December 31. Since the authorities are aware that parking can be a major issue during the festivities, the traffic police also released a list of places where people can park their cars within CP. In the traffic alert, the police made it clear that there would be limited parking space available near CP. They also noted that these parking services will be allocated on a first come first basis.
“In view of New Year's Eve celebrations in different parts of #Delhi, heavy volume of traffic is expected in various locations. Kindly follow the advisory to avoid inconvenience. #DPTrafficAdvisory #NewYearEve” the authorities wrote on X, formally known as Twitter on December 28. “Delhi Traffic Police made elaborate traffic arrangements throughout the city for the smooth flow and regulation of traffic on the eve of New Year covering the whole of Delhi where such celebrations may be organised. The restrictions will be imposed from 8:00 PM onwards on December 31 in the vicinity of Delhi till the conclusion of the New Year Celebrations,” the travel advisory reads. The authorities made it clear that no vehicular traffic shall be allowed in the inner, middle or outer circles of Delhi’s famous Connaught Place except for those who are carrying valid passes.
Delhi Traffic Advisory: Where can you park your cars near CP?
Motorists can park their vehicles at the following places in the vicinity of Connaught Place:-
• Near Gol Dak Khana on
(a) Kali Bari Marg (b) Pt. Pant Marg (c) Bhai Veer Singh Marg
• Near Patel Chowk on Rakab Ganj Road behind AIR.
• Near Mandi House on Copernicus Marg up to Baroda House.
• Near Minto Road on D.D. Upadhaya Marg and Press Road area.
• Near Panchkuian Road on R.K. Ashram Marg, Chitragupta Road &Basant Road towards PaharGan
• Near K.G. Marg-Ferozshah Road Crossing on Copernicus Lane as well as K.G. Marg towards C hexagon.
• Near R/A Bengali market - on Babar Road and Tansen Marg
• Near Windsor Place (a) Rajender Prasad Road (b) Raisina Road
• Near Gole Market at Peshwa Road, Service Road along Bhai Veer Singh Marg and R K Ashram Roa
• Near R/A Buta Singh on Jantar Mantar Road, Raisina Road.
Delhi Traffic Advisory: How to reach New Delhi Railway Station (From South)
While the authorities maintained that no restrictions will be imposed near Old Delhi Railway Station, access to the New Delhi railway station will be relatively limited. One can access the railway station from the following areas:
• Ram Manohar Lohiya Park Street- Mandir Marg- Rani Jhansi Road- R/A Jhandewalan-DeshBandhu Gupta Road.
• R/A GPO- Kali Bari Marg- Mandir Marg- Rani Jhansi Road- R/A Jhandewalan- DeshBandhu Gupta
• R/A Windsor Place- Ferozeshah Road- Mandi House- W' Point- 'A' Point- DDU Marg- BhavBhuti
• Entry from Connaught Place - to Chelmsford Road shall be prohibited.
• Motorists can take the Second Entry Gate of Ajmeri Gate side. They can reach the station via Pahar Ganj - Shiela Cinema or through Ajmeri Gate - J.LN. Marg side via B.S.Z. Marg - Delhi Gate - J.LN.Marg
Published December 30th, 2023 at 16:13 IST