Updated December 22nd, 2023 at 17:58 IST
How the Poonch terror attack unfolded | EXCLUSIVE
Poonch terror attack comes a day after an explosion occurred inside the compound of an armed police unit in the same district.
Poonch terror attack: At least four Army jawans were martyred and three others were injured after terrorists attacked an Army vehicle in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir on December 22.The incident took place in Dhatyar Morh, situated between Dhera Ki Gali and Bufliaz, falling under the jurisdiction of the Surankote police station. After brutally killing the Jawans, the terrorists mutilated the two bodies and seized weapons belonging to them. Republic TV has accessed some exclusive details on how the Poonch terror attack unfolded.
Poonch Terror Attack: How it Unfolded
- At around 3.45 PM on December 21, Thursday Indian Army convoy was attacked by terrorists in Dera ki Gali area of Poonch.
- The convoy was attacked while the jawans were heading to operation site as additional reinforcement.
- Troops were already carrying out searches to trace terrorists.
- Two army men in Gypsy, two in 1-Ton vehicle martyred in the attack.
- After the attack, terrorists mutilated bodies of 2 jawans and took their weapons.
- The terror attack comes a day after an explosion occurred inside the compound of an armed police unit in the Poonch district.
Poonch Terror Attack: Who were the terrorists?
Terrorists were Pakistani and affiliated to People's Anti Fascist Front group. They were carrying US made M4 Carbine Assault rifle. Republic TV sources revealed that over 60 rounds fired at Gypsy by terrorists in few seconds. Later, they decamped with weapons of soldiers.
Published December 22nd, 2023 at 17:56 IST