Updated January 4th, 2024 at 14:51 IST
Massive fire at Agra showroom destroys property worth lakhs
Agra fire: The flames that had erupted at the ground floor of the two-storey building, rapidly spread to the first floor where a family lived.
Agra: A massive fire broke out at a car accessories showroom in Agra in Uttar Pradesh, late on Wednesday night. The fire incident was reported at the shop located at Pratap Pura crossroad which falls under the jurisdiction of Rakab Ganj police station.
The incident triggered panic in the area as the flames that had erupted at the ground floor of the two-storey building, rapidly spread to the first floor where a family lived.
Upon receiving the information, fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The flames were brought under control after putting a lot of efforts. Visual from the spot have emerged which shows flames engulfing the structure and smokes billowing out.
According to sources, goods valued around lakhs of rupees were gutted down in the fire incident. A short circuit is said to have caused the fire. However, there were no immediate reports of any injuries.
Published January 4th, 2024 at 08:31 IST