Advertisement

Updated December 30th, 2023 at 19:03 IST

MP Shocker: Child dies after being branded with hot iron rod to treat respiratory illness

According to civil surgeon GS Parihar, the baby passed away on Friday while receiving care in the district hospital's pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).

Digital Desk
Tips for parents for parenting tips for new born baby
Infant died from hot iron treatment | Image:Pinterest
Advertisement

Shahdol: In the Shahdol district of Madhya Pradesh, a 1-and-a-half-month-old infant reportedly died after being branded with a hot iron rod as part of a ritual to treat a respiratory ailment, an official said on Saturday.

According to civil surgeon GS Parihar, the baby passed away on Friday while receiving care in the district hospital's pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).

Advertisement

He said that the baby boy in Bandhwa village had suffered serious injuries after being branded with a hot iron rod to treat his respiratory issues.

The official stated that the baby's condition worsened and that he was taken to the district hospital on December 21. The baby passed away from pneumonia.

Advertisement

Published December 30th, 2023 at 18:47 IST

Your Voice. Now Direct.

Send us your views, we’ll publish them. This section is moderated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Whatsapp logo