Updated January 4th, 2024 at 14:59 IST
'Open Goondagardi, Illegal': Kejriwal Rallies Hard Behind Liquorgate Accused | 5 Points
"Whatever is happening is very dangerous for our country. Meri saans, lahu ka ek ek katra desh ke liye lad raha hai", said Kejriwal.
Arvind Kejriwal Latest News: Rallying behind Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leaders who are in custody in connection with the Delhi excise scam, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who skipped 3rd ED summons claimed that no evidence has been found against any AAP leader. "Whatever is happening “is very dangerous for our country. Meri saans, lahu ka ek ek katra desh ke liye lad raha hai (My breath and each and every drop of my blood is fighting for the country)", said the CM. He also questioned the timing of the ED summons and said that this is ‘open gundagardi’. He said that fake cases have been made.
5 Points From Kejriwal's Presser Amid Arrest Claims
- My biggest asset is my honesty and they want to dent it, said Kejriwal
- On ED summons in liquor police case, Delhi CM & AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal says, "The truth is that there was no corruption. BJP wants to arrest me.
- My lawyers have told me that summons sent to me are illegal.
- BJP's aim is not to probe me, but not to let me campaign for Lok Sabha elections. They want to call me on the pretext of investigation and then arrest me."
- Those who refrain from joining the BJP are not assured of their safety. We, on the other hand, are not scared as we have not engaged in any wrongdoing. Leaders with allegations of corruption are shielded from investigation if they are associated with the BJP.
Published January 4th, 2024 at 12:23 IST