Updated December 19th, 2023 at 17:56 IST
Video: Fire breaks out at Ghaziabad railway station
A fire broke out at Ghaziabad railway station near the RO booth at platform number 5. No casualties were reported.
New Delhi: A fire broke out at platform number 5 of Ghaziabad railway station near the RO booth on Tuesday. Fire tenders were pressed into service and the flames were doused. The incident occurred while a coal-laden goods train was on the adjacent tracks. Fortunately, there were no reported casualties or injuries. While the exact cause of the fire is being ascertained, it is said that the fire occurred due to a short circuit.
More details are awaited.
The incident comes days after a fire broke out on the premises of the busy Lokmanya Tilak Terminus railway station in Mumbai’s Tilak Nagar. Senior Central Railway said that the fire broke out at the under-construction Pod Hotel, situated near the Jan Aahar Canteen on the first floor near platform number 1.
Dr. Shivraj Manaspure, the Chief Public Relations Officer of the railway, informed that the fire was noticed in the vicinity of the upcoming Pod Hotel on the railway station premises. The flames then extended to the nearby Jan Aahar canteen.
Published December 19th, 2023 at 17:48 IST