Updated January 4th, 2024 at 20:12 IST
Who is Javed Matoo? Here's all about the right hand man of Hizbul Mujahideen chief
The Delhi Police special cell revealed that Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Javed Matoo is the last surviving A++ category terrorist living in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Delhi Police's Special Cell had a massive success on January 4 with the arrest of wanted Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Javed Matoo from the Delhi-NCR area. According to the Police, a 9mm Star Pistol along with six live cartridges, one magazine and a stolen car were recovered from his possession.
Here is everything you need to know about the wanted terrorist.
Who is Javed Matoo?
Javed Matoo is a resident of Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and he is an active member of the Hizbul Mujahideen since 2010. He is an A++ category terrorist and Delhi Police revealed that he was leading a terror module currently residing in India. Special CP HS Dhaliwal (Special Cell) said that Matoo is the last surviving A++ category terrorist living in J&K.
A right hand man of Syed Salahuddin, head of Hizbul Mujahideen, Matoo was wanted by the Jammu and Kashmir police for his terror activities and was carrying a reward of Rs 10 lakh.
The Special Cell revealed that it received intelligence about a Hizbul member who will be in the NCR to collect arms and ammunition at the behest of Pakistan's ISI. His movement was detected by central intelligence agencies near Indo-Nepal border some days ago. Owing to his terror activities in J&K, the Police was on his tail for the last 13 years.
Terror activities carried out by Javed Matoo
1. Involved in the killing of HC Mohammed Yousuf of CID near Police Station in Sopore in 2010.
2. Involved in an attack on the residence of SP, Sopore in 2010 resulting in the residence being partially damaged.
3. The killing of two CRPF personnel in Pattan and the snatching of their service rifles in 2010.
4. Involved in a case of Arms Act related to fire upon the patrolling party of police at Bough in Sopore in 2011.
5. Involved in the killing of one police constable Mohammed Shahfi Lone in Sopore in 2011.
6. Involved in an IED blast at Police Station in Sopore in which one SgCt Morifat Hussain of Sopore was killed in 2011.
7. Launched Grenade attack on Police Station of Sopore which involved Ishfaq Kana and Saleem Beig in 2011.
8. Carried out attack on Sopore Police with his associates in 2012. He got injured while retaliation and walks with a limp as a result.
9. Involved in a grenade-throwing incident at the CRPF stationed in the SBI Complex in Hathishah in which many civilians got injured.
10. Carried out grenade-throwing incident at the BSNL office in Sopore.
11. Involved in a grenade-throwing incident at Chankhan Chowk in Sopore.
Published January 4th, 2024 at 20:11 IST