Updated December 29th, 2023 at 18:27 IST
How to Apply for Ayushman Card and Why You Need a PAN Card
In this article, we will explain the Ayushman Card online application process and why you need a PAN card to complete it.
The Ayushman Card is a health insurance scheme that was launched by the Indian Government in 2018. It is aimed at providing subsidised healthcare to people below the poverty line in the country. The plan covers hospitalisation expenses up to Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. It also includes pre and post-hospitalization costs, medicines, and diagnostics.
If you are eligible for the Ayushman Card scheme, you can apply online or offline. In this article, we will explain the Ayushman Card online application process and why you need a PAN card to complete it.
What is a PAN Card and Why Do You Need It?
The Income Tax Department of India issues a 10-digit alphanumeric code called PAN card. It is an identity proof for tax purposes that is unique to every individual. It is also required for various financial transactions such as opening a bank account, applying for a loan, buying or selling property etc. To apply for the Ayushman Card scheme, you need to have a PAN card because it helps the government to verify your identity and income.
The scheme targets below the poverty line sections of the society who are identified using Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data. PAN card helps the government in checking your eligibility and preventing any fraud or misuse of the scheme.
How to Apply for an Ayushman Card Online?
To apply for Ayushman Card online, you need to follow these steps: Go to the scheme’s official website. Click on “Am I Eligible” on the homepage. Enter your mobile number and captcha code and click on “Generate OTP”. Enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on “Submit”.
Choose your state and search for your name or ration card number or mobile number or SECC ID or PAN number in the database. If you are eligible, you will see a message saying “Congratulations! You are eligible to avail benefits under Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)”. Click on “Download e-Card” and enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID and captcha code then click on “Generate OTP”.
Enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on “Submit”. Download and print your e-Card. Keep it safe for future use.
How to Apply for Ayushman Card Offline?
To apply for Ayushman Card offline, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) or Hospital or Ayushman Mitra.
- Present your PAN card and Aadhaar card or any other identity proof to the CSC operator or hospital staff.
- They will check if you are eligible and register you in the scheme.
- They will issue you with a physical Ayushman Card or print out your e-Card and give you a beneficiary ID.
- Keep your Ayushman Card & beneficiary ID safely for future use.
How to Use Your Ayushman Card?
After obtaining your Ayushman Card, you can use it to get subsidized medical care in any of the hospitals across the country. You need to follow these steps:
- Go to the nearest hospital and present your Ayushman Card or e-Card and beneficiary ID to the hospital staff.
- They will check your details and eligibility and admit you for treatment.
- The hospital will claim reimbursement from the government, so you don’t have to pay anything for the treatment.
- You will only be required to pay for any expenses that are not covered by the scheme. For example: cosmetic surgery, organ transplant, etc.
The Ayushman Card is a great initiative by the government to provide health care to below poverty line families in India. It covers a wide range of diseases and procedures and offers cashless and paperless treatment. To apply for the scheme, you need a PAN card to prove your identity and income. You can apply for the scheme online or offline and get your Ayushman Card or eCard. You can use your card to get subsidised health care at any of the hospitals across the country which are listed on government websites. If you are eligible for the scheme, don't miss this opportunity and apply for your Ayushman Card.
Published December 28th, 2023 at 16:26 IST