A lot of people might have wondered if walnut oil really works for good hair. It indeed does! Walnut is a magical ingredient which can do wonders to your hair. Walnut is rich is in magnesium, zinc, calcium, phosphorus, vital nutrients and the list is never-ending. Walnut oil is touted to be amongst the best oils for your hair, which can help fight all the hair related problems, be it dandruff, hair breakage or hair thinning.
Also Read: Walnut Oil: 6 Must Know Benefits That Make This Oil A Skin Wonder
Also Read: Raw Walnuts Health Benefits For Brain, Hair & Skin | How To Eat Raw Walnuts Daily To Boost Your Brain Power
Advantages Of using Walnut Oil
Also Read: Hair Care: Home Remedies For Split End Removal And Hair Treatment
- Promotes Hair Growth: Walnut oil is filled with Biotin and Vitamin V7, which helps in promoting hair growth, making your hair super strong and long. Also if you have coloured hair, then the usage of walnut oil will further enhance the colour of your hair making them look more vibrant and shinier. Walnut oil has a very high amount of potassium in it and potassium helps in escalating the process of hair growth.
- Avert Hair Thinning: The biggest benefit of using walnut oil is that it speeds up the regeneration of cells and thereby, preventing hair thinning. The quality of hair improves too with the use of walnut oil. Walnut oil gives your hair the nourishment it needs. It prevents your hair from becoming weak with the help of Omega 2,3,9 fatty acids present in it, making your hair strong from root to tip.
- Can treat Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a scalp disease that causes red rashes on the scalp. The scalp becomes very itchy and causes inflammation. Applying walnut oil over the affected area can prevent the spreading of rashes further. Walnut oil calms the inflammation and soothes the skin. The best time for application is just a few minutes before the shower.
- Combats Dandruff: Dandruff is a menace, it doesn’t go easily. The problem of dandruff cannot be ignored because it leads to extreme hair fall if not treated, or Seborrheic dermatitis, which is a disease that causes severe inflammation. However, walnut oil helps in combatting dandruff from its root. Apply it at least twice a week and wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water. You will visibly notice a reduction in dandruff after the first rinse itself.
- Prevents Hair Fall: Hair fall is a problem we deal with every day. Using walnut oil can give strength to your hair roots and prevent hair fall. Walnut is rich in selenium which averts hair loss. Walnut oil is filled with Omega 3 fatty acids which helps in eliminating the possibility of cell damage on the scalp. For best results, use walnut hair oil thrice a week and keep it overnight, let it work on your scalp for a few hours and rinse it off with a paraben shampoo next morning. Continue this hair ritual for a month to see great results.
Also Read: Oily Hair: Tips For Hair Care And Preventing Greasy Scalp