Plagued by greasy skin in monsoon season? Maintaining a problem-free skin in the rainy season is not easy. In fact, it can be a huge task in itself to keep your skin away from all the monsoon related skin problems like greasy, oily skin, clogged pores, and, acne break-outs. But with a little care, you can definitely get rid of all the skin-related issues this monsoon.
Also read: Benefits Of Guava Leaves For Skin: Face Packs To Give You Glowing Skin
Also read: Skincare Tips: Instant Home-based Ingredients For Facial Skin Care
Here are five monsoon skincare tips to follow this monsoon
- Use An Anti-Bacterial Facewash: During the rainy season, the level of moisture in the air increases and so does the humidity. This increased humidity in the air attracts dirt thus, leading to various problems like clogged skin pores and oily skin. In order to get rid of these issues, one should use an anti-bacterial face wash. The ingredients present in an anti-bacterial facewash helps fight the bacteria in monsoon and also proves to be effective in removing excess dirt away from your skin.
- Using A Toner Is A Must: Using a good quality toner after washing your face is a must! Using a toner can do wonders to your skin, it helps in closing the open skin pores. This also prevents in the collection of the excess oil on your skin. One must use a toner at least once a day until we bid adieu to the monsoons. Try not to use an oil-based toner as it will further aggravate the issue of greasy skin. Also read: Hair Tips: 5 Benefits Of Using Walnut Oil For Hair Growth And Why!
- Do Not Skip Your Sunscreen: Using a Sunscreen is inevitable throughout the year. As the SPF present in the Sunscreen helps in preventing the skin from the harmful UV and UVB Rays. Though we do not face scorching heat of the sun during the rainy season, it does not mean that we are protected from its harmful rays. Investing in a high-quality moisturiser with a minimum of 15 SPF in it can be life-saving. Using an SPF infused moisturiser will not only protect your skin from the sun but will also improve the quality of your skin by locking moisture.
- Use Waterproof Makeup: Ideally one should avoid using heavy makeup during monsoon season, but if you still cannot do without it, then waterproof makeup should be your thing. Waterproof makeup will help in preventing smudging of mascara or bleeding of lipstick during the rainy season. Using foundation during the rainy season can make you look darker than your actual skin tone and it would look mismatched with the exposed part of your neck and arms. This is because of the excess moisture in the air which oxidises with your foundation and results in skin darkening. Therefore it's best to avoid any makeup during the rainy season.
- Use A Clay Based Face Mask: There is no dearth in the market with respect to the variety of monsoon special face-masks. The key here is to opt for a clay-based face mask, as it absorbs all the excess oil from the skin and also removes the dead skin. Using a clay face mask twice a week during monsoons can help in exfoliating and purifying your skin as well. Also read: Makeup: Ace The Art Of Applying Lipstick In Five Super Easy Steps