A dark fantasy cake is a lip-smacking dessert created by combing the creaminess of dark chocolate and the fluffiness of a cake. The treat is topped with some molten chocolate sauce on top of a crumbly chocolate cake crust. It is usually served with ice cream or dark chocolate sauce. Check out the easy and quick recipe to bake a finger-licking dark fantasy cake.
ALSO READ | Baking Glossary: Check out these basic tips to bake that perfect cake
What Do You Need?
- 1.5 cup - all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp - cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp - baking soda
- 1/4 tsp - baking powder
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- 3/4 cup - granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup - condensed milk
- 1 cup - water
- 1/2 tsp - vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp - lemon juice
- 1/4 cup - oil
- 3 pieces - dark chocolate
ALSO READ | Watermelon cakes to sorbets; 5 smart ways to include the fruit in your meals
What To Do?
- Take a medium-size bowl or container. Mix all the dry ingredients in it.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder and sift together.
- Take another bowl filled with water.
- Add vanilla essence, sugar, lemon juice and oil to the water bowl.
- Mix well till sugar completely dissolves.
- Further, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixture. Note: You can add the dry mixture in two parts for easier mixing.
- Mix it until no lumps are formed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for ten minutes.
- Grease the cake pan with oil and flour.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Heat dark chocolate and cocoa powder in a pan, making it like a sauce.
- Pour it in the cake batter.
- Now bake at 180 degree Celsius for 35-40 mins
- Check if a fork inserted comes out clean. Make sure it cools completely.
- You can also serve it with vanilla ice-cream.
ALSO READ | Pancakes in Chennai: Best restaurants in the city serving the fluffiest ones
ALSO READ | Corn cake recipe to try at home with this step-by-step method
Promo Image Credits - Unsplash by Louis Hansel