Updated December 19th, 2023 at 20:40 IST
Pakistan Election Commission reveals guidelines for candidates
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) publicly disclosed the rules it would adhere to for candidates who intended to file nominations for seats.
- World News
- 2 min read
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) publicly disclosed the rules it would adhere to for candidates who intended to file nominations for seats in the national and provincial assemblies on Tuesday, reported ARY News. According to the election schedule, the acceptance of nomination papers took place from December 20 to December 22.
What are the rules announced by ECP?
Here are the rules by Pakistan's Election body
1. The nomination papers could be filed from 8:30 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon.
2. The nomination fees for National Assembly candidates and provincial assemblies' candidates were (PKR) 30,000 and 20,000, respectively.
3. Candidates had two options for paying the fees: cash or depositing it at a bank location.
4. Candidates were required to submit their income tax returns for three years, annexed with nomination papers.
5. The guidelines mentioned that the age of a candidate on the last date of submitting the nomination papers must not have been less than 25 years.
6. A candidate for the National Assembly seat had to be a voter of any place within Pakistan.
7. A candidate for a provincial assembly had to be a native of the concerned province.
8. The ECP announced that voters in the relevant constituency had to suggest and support a candidate for a general seat.
9. Pakistan's general elections were slated to take place on February 8, 2024.
10. The process of filing nomination papers finally began on Wednesday after 144 district returning officers and 859 returning officers across the country took their oath on Tuesday.
Published December 19th, 2023 at 20:40 IST