London Dreams stars Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn in the lead roles as Manjeet “Mannu” Khosla and Arjun Joshi respectively. It features Asin as the leading lady along with Rannvijay Singh, Om Puri and Aditya Roy Kapur. Directed by Vipul Shah, it a musical drama film released in 2009. The film did not perform well at the Box Office. Read to know a few trivia from the movie.
Also Read | Salman Khan Gives 'Maine Pyar Kiya' Kissing Scene A Coronavirus Twist
London Dreams trivia
- Filmmaker Rajkumar Santoshi developed this project a decade before it initially started production. It was originally titled Rashque with Aamir Khan as Mannu and Shah Rukh Khan as Arjun. But neither of them took interest in the project.
- London Dreams marked the first time in 10 years when Ajay Devgn and Salman Khan worked together as a co-lead.
- The movie marks Aditya Roy Kapoor’s debut in Bollywood. Later, he was cast as the lead in Aashiqui 2 (2013) and rose to fame.
- At one point, Rajkumar Santoshi wanted Hrithik Roshan and Abhishek Bachchan as the lead stars in London Dreams. He had also signed them. But the movie was halted resulting in both opting-out from the project.
Also Read | Times When Ajay Devgn Was Seen Playing The Character Of Raj Or Raju; See Here
- London Dreams is the second love triangle film between Ajay Devgn and Salman Khan after the 1999 blockbuster Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas was initially signed to play Asin’s character, Priya Zaver in 2006, but she left the film due to date issues.
- Hollywood actor Liam Neeson paid a visit on the sets of the film during its London schedule.
- London Dreams was the first film where Ajay was credited as Ajay Devgn, changing his surname from Devgan to Devgn.
Also Read | Salman Khan Helps Bollywood Lookalikes Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Just like her character Priya, Asin studied Bharatnatyam dancing style from childhood.
- While shooting a song, Ajay Devgn, Asin, Rannvijay Singh and Aditya Roy Kapur craved to eat some strawberry cheesecake ice cream from a particular brand. However, there was no store of that brand for around 16 kilometres. The production was delayed as they hunt for the store to get the ice cream. To make up for this, the actors shared two tubs of the cheesecake ice cream with the technicians.
Also Read | Pyaar Karona Fan Reactions: Salman Khan Gives 'goosebumps' With 'strong Message'
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.