There is nothing better than an easy to cook recipe after a tiring day at work. Opting for an unhealthy diet regime might lead to severe health issues in the long run. However, an easy and quick to make recipe which is also healthy at the same time might act as a saviour for many who are trying hard to stick to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, here is one recipe which is easy and quick to cook and healthy too at the same time:
Also Read | Here's A Delicious Jain Pasta Recipe That You Must Check Out
Pasta salad recipe
Pasta salad is one of the easiest yet healthiest recipes on which you can rely on a busy evening. Pasta salad is an Italian dish which is also one of the most famous Italian dishes across the globe. This dish barely takes half an hour to be prepared for someone who's preparing it for the first time.
Pasta is one such ingredient that you can use in a variety of ways as it does not have a taste of its own and thus can easily blend with a number of ingredients. Here is the recipe for classic pasta salad:
Also Read | Exotic Pasta With Chicken Is A Must-try Dish For All Food Lovers; Check Out Recipe Here
Also Read | Pasta And Spaghetti Recipes That Can Be Easily Prepared At Home
Ingredients of pasta salad recipe
- 25 grams shell shaped pasta or pasta rigatoni
- 1 or 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 Medium size tomato (optional)
- 1 Small cucumber (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon Dry basil OR ¼ cup chopped basil
- ½ teaspoon Dry oregano
- ½ or 1 tablespoon Garlic chives
- 9 to 10 Pitted black olives, Sliced
- ½ teaspoon Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt as required
- Black pepper powder as required
Pasta salad recipe
Cooking pasta for pasta salad
- Heat enough water with some salt.
- When the water starts boiling, add the pasta along with the garlic clove
- Cook the pasta till they are done. Drain.
- To avoid the pasta from sticking to each other, add some oil and stir gently.
Making pasta salad
- In a salad bowl, add all the veggies and herbs. Add the pasta and toss.
- Take the cooked garlic clove and mash it in a mortar & pestle.
- To this add the olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Stir the seasoning and add it to the pasta.
- Toss and serve pasta salad garnished with some pomegranate arils.
Also Read | Pasta Salad Recipe For Your Next Get-together That Will Impress Your Family And Friends
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.