Gathering and remembering all the current affairs today might not be an easy task for all of us. However, continuous exposure to daily current affairs issues and routinely reading will take you one step closer to being more aware of them. Here are a few current affairs questions and answers that can help you have more accurate information, whether it is to revise for your exams or to make conversation with others.
1. Who was recently appointed as the chairman and managing director of Air India for a second time?
2. Who is appointed as the new CEO of the PolicyBazaar?
3. Who was awarded the ‘AFP Kate Webb Prize’ in 2019?
4. What mission will the government launch to make the country self-sufficient in oilseed production?
5. Who has Tata Power made its brand ambassador?
6. What is the name of the special train that will connect tourist places associated with Lord Rama?
7. Which country does President U Win Myint, who is going to visit India from 26-29 February 2020, represent?
8. Which of the following app of Indian Railways has won the National e-Governance Award?
9. Which event is celebrated on 20th February?
10. In which city has Defence Minister Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone of Thal Sena Bhawan?
1. Answer - Rajiv Bansal
On 17th February 2020, Senior IAS officer Rajiv Bansal was appointed as the CMD of Air-India.
2. Answer - Sarbvir Singh
Sarbvir Singh replaced Yashish Dahiya, as the new Chief Executive Officer of PolicyBazaar.
3. Answer - Ahmar Khan
Ahmar Khan, 27, is a freelance reporter and has been awarded the AFP Kate Webb Prize in 2019.
4. Answer - Tilhan Mission
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has announced the initiation of Tilhan mission to make the country self-sufficient in oilseed production.
5. Answer - Shardul Thakur
Shardul Thakur is a pace bowler of the Indian Cricket Team. Tata Power will be featuring Shardul in digital, radio and outdoor campaigns.
6. Answer - Shri Ramayana Express
Indian Railways will be launching special Ramayana-themed tourist train by March-end.
7. Answer - Myanmar
8. Answer- RailMadad
The app Railmadad has received the Silver award under Category 2 of National e-Governance Awards - Excellence in providing Citizen-Centric Delivery.
9. Answer - World Day of Social Justice
20th February is known as World Day of Social Justice. It is marked to recognize and close the gap of gender inequality, unemployment, poverty, and promote social justice.
10. Answer - Delhi
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh laid the foundation-stone of the Army Headquarters' new building in Delhi Cantonment. Said to be designed like a rising sun, Thal Sena Bhawan is a multi-storeyed complex spread over nearly 39 acres.