Last Updated:

BREAKING: Fire Breaks Out On 4th Floor Of Mantralaya; CM Uddhav Confirms 'no Casualties'

On Monday, a fire broke out on the fourth floor of Mantralaya in Mumbai. Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray confirmed that no casualties had been reported.

Written By
Akhil Oka
Maharashtra

On Monday, a fire broke out on the fourth floor of Mantralaya in Mumbai. Reported at around 8.29 pm, BEST Supply and fire services rushed to the spot. As per the preliminary information, the fire broke out due to a short circuit. Reacting to the development, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray maintained that nothing would bring down the morale of the government. He revealed that all the staff including the security officials were safe and sound.  

Read: Lewis Hamilton Feeds Baby Kangaroos After Being Left ‘heartbroken’ By Australia Bushfires

Read: Tamil Nadu: 8 Casualties And 11 People Injured In Explosion At Fireworks Factory

The GST Bhavan fire

The last occasion on which a fire broke out in a major government building was on February 17. There was a massive fire on the top floors of the GST Bhavan in Mumbai. The fire department was alerted at about 12.30 pm. Thereafter, all the employees were safely evacuated from the building. At least 30 fire tenders were deployed to control the blaze.

Fortunately, there were no casualties in the incident. Finally, the fire was doused in a 6-hour long operation. Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar and Municipal Commissioner Praveen Pardeshi and other top officials visited the site. While many documents were burnt in the fire, Pawar revealed that their soft copies were still available. The cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained. 

As per reports, a structural audit by the government in 2019 concluded that the 10th floor of the GST Bhavan was built illegally. Moreover, the building was more than 40 years old. As a result, the demolition of the illegal floor commenced nearly two months ago. Many employees had been relocated to the MTNL building in the vicinity. Subsequently, the Maharashtra CM felicitated Kunal Jadhav, an employee of the GST Bhavan for his act of patriotism. Jadhav had risked his life by going to the rooftop and saved the national flag from being burnt. 

Read: CM Uddhav Felicitates GST Bhavan Employee Who Saved The National Flag From Being Burnt

Read: Doctors Urge People To Be Cautious After Delhi Man Spills Hand Sanitiser And Catches Fire

First Published:
By 2030, 40% Indians will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR