Chocolate cake popsicles are the most adorable treat for eyes and taste buds. This unique dessert is available in cutesy shapes and designs. Cake pops are creative and can be prepared effortlessly at home. You can create these tiny delicacies with scratch. Without any further ado, we have penned down the recipe for chocolate cake pops to end this year on a sweet note.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 26 minutes
Total time: Approx 6-7 hours
Amount: Approx 40 cake pops
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- One cup of granulated sugar
- Six tablespoons of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- Half a tablespoon of baking soda
- One-by-fourth tablespoon of salt
- Half a cup of canola/vegetable/coconut oil
- Two large eggs (kept at room temperature)
- One tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- Half a cup of hot water
Also read: Here's An Easy Recipe To Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Six tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A three-by-fourth cup of confectioner’s sugar
- Half cup of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- Two to three teaspoons of heavy cream
- Half teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Also read: Paneer Pakora Recipe Sprinkled With Love For Chai Time Snacks
A step-by-step method to prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a pan.
- Take a large bowl and add flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in it and whisk. Set it aside and pick up another bowl. Whisk oil, vanilla, and eggs in it. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones. Add hot water in it.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-26 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, and vanilla and blend them.
- Crumble the cake into the bowl on top of the frosting. Avoid large lumps. Beat the cake crumbles and frosting. Roll the moist cake mixture into balls of the same size. Place them on a plate lined with baking sheets. Refrigerate them for an hour or two.
- Melt the coating to dunk cake. Let it cool down for a while to avoid the cake to crack.
- Remove only two to three cakes at one time. Dip each about half an inch into the dip. Make sure to remove excess coating. Top it with colourful sprinkles. Repeat the same process for other pops. Store them in the refrigerator.
Also read: Rum-based Chocolate: Try Out These Interesting And Creative Recipes This Winter
Also read: The Best Places In Mumbai That Offer The Best Chocolate Desserts