Plum cake is commonly served around the globe, including India, around the holiday season. You may serve it as a dessert after dinner. Christmas Plum cakes are made with dried fruits like grapes, raisins or prunes or with fresh fruits. It totally depends on one's taste. A lot of people prefer adding rum or brandy in the cake as well. Here is a quick and delicious recipe for preparing this Christmas recipe-
Delicious Plum cake recipe
Read: Butter Chicken Recipe: Here Is Quick And Easy Recipe For The Dish
Ingredients needed for plum cake
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup figs chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/2cup dried ginger chopped
- Half cup candied orange peel chopped
- Three-Fourth cup Brandy
- 225 gms butter melted
- 380 gms flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Half tsp ground ginger
- Half tsp ground cloves
- Half tsp salt
- 300 gms breakfast sugar
- 150 gms packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- Half cup apricot jam
- Half cup warm water
Read: What Is Threaded Paneer And A Simple Recipe To Make It At Home
Follow these directions to bake a perfect plum cake
- Stir dried fruit, candied ginger, orange peel, and brandy together. Keep them overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Butter two loaf tins of 9/5 inches. Fill them with butter paper
- Place dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, salt, and spices into a pan
- Mix butter and sugar in a mixer until they are smooth. Mix the eggs with molasses and vanilla one at a time. Gradually add the dry mixture of flour.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Add the mixture of fruit and walnuts.
- Divide the two tins of the batter. Bake until the tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and add more liquor to the top.
- Remove and put on a rack that is wired.
- Heat the jam and water till smooth and glaze the top of the warmed cake.
Read: Paneer Recipes In An Indian-Chinese Style That Anybody Can Try At Home
Read: Gatte Ka Pulao: Here Is The Recipe To Cook This Delicious Rajasthani Dish At Home