Dahi Kanji is a traditional and authentic dish from Orrisa. The dish is prepared with curd. Dahi Kanji is an amazing dish which is perfectly appropriate for any occasion. It is delicious as well as a healthy dish as it contains a huge amount of healthy nutrients. You can prepare this dish at home by following these easy steps. Read ahead to know the recipe of Dahi Kanji from Orissa-
Also Read | Chicken Burger Recipe That Can Serve As A Great Snack Or Dinner
Recipe of Dahi Kanji from Orissa
- 1 cup Curd/Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Drumsticks cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Drumstick Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Powder/Sauf Powder
- Salt as per taste
Also Read | Bihari Kabab Recipe | Here's How You Can Make This Delicious Dish At Hom
- 1 tsp Ginger and Green Chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- 15-16 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Oil
Also Read | Dudhi Muthiya Recipe: How To Make The Lip-smacking Gujarati Snack At Home
How to make?
- In a large bowl, mix curd, rice flour and water to make a smooth and lump-free paste.
- Take a deep bottom pan and add 1 tbsp oil into it.
- When the oil becomes hot add drumsticks and drumstick leaves and saute for 4-5 minutes
- Now add fennel powder, ginger and green chilli paste and saute for another 2- 3 minutes
- Now reduce the heat to lowest. Pour the curd mixture and keep stirring it to avoid curdle and lumps in the curd.
- Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes on low flame.
Also Read | Litti-Chokha Recipe; Here's How You Can Prepare This Delicious Bihari Dish At Home
- To make the tempering take oil in a pan.
- When the oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour the tempering over the curd and drumstick mix.
- Cover the pan for 5 minutes.
- Your Dahi Kanji is ready to be served hot, preferably with plain rice.
NOTE- Continuously stir the curd mix till it comes to boil so as to prevent the curd from curdling.