The famous Chandler Bing quote for Doughnuts, 'Round food for every mood’, rings true for everyone. Filled with melted chocolate or sprinkled with chips, a doughnut can be savoured in many different ways. This creative sweet is prepared with various flavours for a delectable taste. Here, we have penned down its quick and easy recipe for you to prepare it at home-
Also read: Here's An Easy Recipe To Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 envelops of active dry yeast
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- A one-by-fourth cup of warm water
- One and a half cup of lukewarm milk
- Half a cup of white sugar
- One teaspoon of salt
- A one-by-third cup of shortening
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- One by the third cup of butter
- Two cups of confectioners’ sugar
- One and a half teaspoon of vanilla essence
Also read: Paneer Pakora Recipe Sprinkled With Love For Chai Time Snack
Method of preparation
- Add active yeast into warm water and let it stand for a few minutes until foamy.
- Pick up a large bowl and add yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and two cups of flour. Mix them. Beat the remaining flour until it stops sticking to the sides. Knead for five minutes until elastic. Place the dough into a bowl after greasing it and cover with a damp cloth. Set it in a warm place.
- Sprinkle flour and turn the dough over it. Roll it out gently until it is thick by half an inch. Cut it with a doughnut cutter and let it sit for a while.
- Melt unsalted butter in a pan over medium heat. Pour confectioners’ sugar and vanilla essence. Remove from stove and pour in hot water until the icing gets thinner. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Put doughnuts one by one in hot oil. Turn them over when they turn golden-brown. Remove from pan and let them drain excess oil on paper or wire rack. Dip doughnuts into the glaze while they are still hot. Let them drain the excess glaze.
- It is ready to serve
Also read: Thalipeeth Recipe: Twist This Maharastrian Snack By Adding Healthy Cauliflower To It
Also read: Chakuli Pitha Recipe: Odia Rice-based Fried Cake That You Can Make At Home