Gulab Jamun is considered to be among the best Indian desserts. It is basically fried dumplings that are soaked in sugar water. Here is a quirky Gulab Jamun dish mixed with parfait which gives it a new, refreshing in every bite. Read to know Gulab Jamun Parfait recipe:
Ingredients for preparing Gulab Jamun Dessert Parfait
For gulab jamun
- 1 cup of khoya
- ¾ cup of grated paneer or 100 grams of paneer
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon fine sooji (Rava or semolina)
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon of milk or add as required
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- Oil for deep frying the gulab jamun
Also Read | Gulab Jamun places in Mumbai that every sweet lover must try if they are around the city
For sugar syrup
- 250 grams of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon rose water
For completing the dessert dish
- 10 to 12 Small Gulab Jamun
- Two Cups of Plain Yogurt
- Half Cup of whipped Cream
- One Teaspoon of Saffron
- Three Tablespoons of Milk
- Three Tablespoons of Water
- One Teaspoon of Honey
- Quarter Cup of chopped Pistachio
Also Read | From Kurkure Milkshake to Gulab Jamun Pav: 6 dishes nobody would like in 2020
Instructions on how to make Gulab Jamun Dessert Parfait
Making gulab jamun dumplings
- Take khoya in a bowl, mash it properly and leave no lumps. Then add grated paneer, rava, all-purpose flour, baking powder and cardamom powder to the mashed khoya. Mix it well. Add milk and start forming a dough with milk.
- Do not knead and gently mix them. Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 mins. Make small dumplings from the dough. Cover them and keep aside.
Making sugar syrup for gulab jamun
- Dissolve sugar in water and heat the solution and switch it off when it is dissolved. Add rose water and stir. Keep it aside. Allow it to cool.
Frying gulab jamun
- Heat oil till its medium hot, lower the flame and wait for a minute. Then put the gulab jamun in the oil. Once they start to have tiny golden spots, keep on rotating them in the oil to make them evenly browned. Remove the gulab jamun.
Also Read | Gulab Jamun Pav: This dish turns out to be every foodie's worst nightmare
Making gulab jamun
- Place the hot gulab jamun in the sugar syrup. Keep the whole pan with the sugar syrup and gulab jamun, on a low flame for 2 minutes till the Jamun becomes soft. Use a large pan to keep the gulab jamun and easily stir them gently while they are simmering.
Finishing the Gulab Jamun Dessert Parfait
- Start adding the cream with yoghurt to make it smooth and extra creamy. One can skip the cream and just make the whole parfait with Greek Yogurt. Then, add pistachio, saffron, honey, and cream to complete Gulab Jamun Dessert Parfait. Now, layer it with some gulab jamuns, nuts, saffron and decorate with some saffron-honey syrup on the top. The Gulab Jamun Dessert Parfait is ready to be served.
Also Read | 'Gulab jamun ki Sabji' has the internet divided between 'delicious' and 'unbelievable'. Decide for yourself