During this quarantine period, the release of Disney+ Hotstar has brought new content for people to watch online and spend their time watching their favourite Marvel, Star Wars, Disney and more movies and shows. However, recently, many people took to social media to state that Disney+ Hotstar screen mirroring does not work on Smart TV. If you are facing a similar issue, here is the reason why you are unable to do screen mirroring for Hotstar.
Hotstar Screen mirroring not working
According to Disney+ Hotstar terms and conditions, the online streaming app does not support screen mirroring options. However, users can use Chromecast, Miracast and other casting apps suitable for the devices to watch Hotstar on their TVs. But, for the same, one needs to be connected to the same WiFi.
Also Read | Hotstar not working on Smart TV? Here is how you can try fixing the problem
How to screen mirror Hotstar on TV?
If you want to use Hotstar screen mirroring option despite the terms and conditions of the app, here is what you can do-
- If you have the app in mobile, open Settings
- Then go to Apps
- Tap on Disney+ Hotstar
- Now, tap on Clear defaults.
- Screen Mirror your smartphone
- Then, open your web browser and Google search Hotstar
- Rotate your mobile screen for a full-screen view on TV and enjoy your favourite shows, movies and more.
Also Read | How many users can use Hotstar Premium? Can you watch premium videos in more than 1 device
How to use Chromecast for Hotstar?
- Google Chromecast
- Smartphone or PC
- Strong and stable WiFi connection
- Connect your Google Chromecast to your smart TV (Make sure that your smartphone and Google Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi network.)
Also Read | How to get Disney+ Hotstar free with Jio? Know how to set-up in 6 easy steps
How to use Chromecast?
- Open the Settings menu on your smartphone.
- Select Connected Devices in the Settings menu.
- Choose Connected Preferences.
- Click the Cast option.
- Choose your Chromecast smart TV in the list of devices displayed.
- Click Start Now to confirm your selection.
- Now the entire screen will be cast to your Chromecast smart TV. Open the Hotstar app and play any video, the video will be played on your smart TV.
Also Read | Download Disney Plus Hotstar app: Check how to download and subscribe to the service