After the announcement of Xbox Series X, Microsoft has finally announced another console called the Xbox Series S. The newly confirmed Xbox Series S console is going to be an affordable gaming console with quite a few differences in comparison to the Xbox Series X gaming console. After the big announcement, players and fans are wondering about the difference between Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. If you are wondering about the same, then do not worry, here is all you need to know.
Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S
Xbox Series S specs
- Processor: 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
- Graphics: 4 TFLOPS, 20 CUs @ 1.55 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
- Memory: 10 GB GDDR6
- Internal Storage: 512 GB Custom NVME SSD
- Expandable Storage: 1 TB Expansion Card
- External Storage: USB 3.2 External HDD Support
- Optical Drive: None
- Performance Target: Up to 1440p @ 120 FPS
- Colour: Matte White, Black
- Dimensions: Unknown (60% smaller than Xbox Series X)
- Xbox Series S is a digital-only console
Also Read | Airtel news: Airtel Xstream now features Voot Premium contents; Details inside
Xbox Series S price
As per the official Twitter accounts of Xbox UK, US and more. The Xbox Series S price is set to be $299, £249 and €299, as per the respective markets. The Indian price of Xbox Series S is not revealed yet but the approximate amount (as per the price range around the world) is estimated to be INR 18,349.
Xbox Series S launch Date
- According to the official Twitter accounts of Xbox, the Xbox Series S release date is set for November 10, 2020.
Also Read | NBA 2k21 MyCareer cast, story and more explained; Know all details here
Xbox Series X specs
- Processor: 8-core, 3.8-GHz AMD Zen 2
- GPU: 12 teraflops AMD RDNA 2
- RAM: 16GB GDDR6
- Storage: 1TB custom NVMe SSD
- Ray Tracing: Yes
- Maximum resolution: 8K
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
- External storage: USB 3.2 external HDD support
- Maximum framerate: 120 frames per second
- Key features: Quick Resume for suspending multiple games, Dynamic Latency Input, Variable Refresh Rate
- Xbox Series S console supports both, digital and disc drive
Also Read | Vivaldi 3.3 update brings a new feature called 'Break Mode'; Here's how to use it
Xbox Series X price
Microsoft has kept it quiet when it comes to the price of its upcoming game console Xbox Series X price. However, many tech enthusiasts expect the price to be around $500. Nevertheless, the price speculations are based on the fact that Xbox One was also launched under the same pricing.
Xbox Series X release date
Unlike Xbox Series S, the Xbox Series X release date is still not revealed by the organisation. But, Microsoft has mentioned that the game console would release in November 2020. However, looking at the November 10 release, we expect the Xbox Series X to be launched by the end of the month.
All Images ~ Shutterstock
Also Read | What is error code 5 in Zoom App and how to fix it? Know details