It has been over six years since the release of the first 'Deepveer' movie Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela. In this romantic film, both were seen as lovers who die a tragic death due to family disputes. This Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie was appreciated by fans for the set design, costumes, and the music that accompanied it. There are a lot of fun facts which went behind the making of this film. Here are some of those trivia facts from the film Ranveer Singh film Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela.
Read Also| Deepika Padukone 'caught In The Act' By Ranveer Singh Sneakily Devouring 'Khilji' Nutella
Trivia facts from Ranveer Singh's film 'Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela'
- Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone started dating after they came together and worked on this film.
- It is reported that Kareena Kapoor Khan was signed for the lead role, but she opted out of the role.
- It is reported that Harshvardhan Rane was offered the lead role, but he declined it.
- Ranveer Singh was on a strict diet for this film. He was only allowed to have fish, broccoli, turkey, and green tea and was instructed not to eat roti, rice, or sweets for his look in the film.
Read Also| Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's BTS Pic From The Sets Of 'Ram-Leela' Is Adorable
- The first look of the film showed Deepika Padukone sporting a 30 kg Ghaghra with a 50 meter 'Ghera'.
- The film was initially titled Ram-Leela but was later changed to Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela after a court order.
- Ranveer Singh was also shooting for his 2014 film Gunday at the same time, and in both the films, he was seen in a similar look.
- It is said that Sanjay Leela Bhansali was impressed by Ranveer Singhs's performance in Band Baaja Baaraat and this is why he was cast in the role of Ram.
Read Also| Ranveer Singh's Most Heart Wrenching Movie Songs You Should Add To Your Playlist
- It is said that Ranveer Singh took six weeks to get in shape for his role of Ram in the film.
- Priyanka Chopra was seen in the song Ram Chahe Leela. To be in the song, she had to wear full sleeves to hide the muscles that she acquired for playing the titular character in Mary Kom.
- It is said that Sanjay Leela Bhansali sometimes took 3 to 5 hours just for one shot to achieve "perfection".
Read Also| Sara Ali Khan Talks About Ranveer Singh; Says She's A Die-hard Fan Of 'Gully Boy' Actor
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.