A spelling bee is a competition in which contestants are asked to guess the right spelling of a word usually with a varying degree of difficulty. To compete, contestants must memorise the spellings of words as written in dictionaries. The concept is thought to have originated in the United States, and spelling bee events, along with variants, are now also held in some other countries around the world. Given below is a spelling bee quiz based on the meanings of the words.
Spelling bee quiz
1. This term refers to a lightweight plain-woven or twilled silk usually printed with a small neat evenly spaced pattern.
2. This word is referred to a system of visual signalling (as between ships) in which the sender holds a flag in each hand and moves his arms to different positions according to a code alphabet.
3. This term refers to a lady’s maid in comedies who acts the part of a coquettish maidservant or frivolous young woman.
4. What is a yarn or fabric of spun silk is called?
5. This term refers to producing happiness; based on the idea of happiness as the proper end of conduct.
6. Which word justifies the meaning of the physical or social setting in which something occurs or develops; environment, setting?
Also Read| Beyonce quiz: Are you an ultimate fan of Queen B? Find out with this trivia quiz
7. This term refers to an artist who uses the arrangement or treatment of the light and dark parts in a pictorial work of art.
8. What is the term that is given to the person that comes next after or replaces another in an office, position or role?
Also Read| Teacher's Day Quiz: Test your knowledge about reel-life & real-life Bollywood teachers
9. The term referred to a trend or people having their hair wavy?
10. What is the art of cutting paper into decorative designs called?
Also Read| Radhika Apte quiz: You're true blue fan of the actor if you can answer these questions
Spelling bee quiz - answers
Also Read| Vocabulary quiz: Consider yourself a sesquipedalian? Take this quiz to decide
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.