Blending two loved dishes from different cuisines is interesting. Sheets of pasta layered with a generous amount of cheese, veggies and meat is a treat to the eyes too. We have penned down the recipe of butter chicken pasta to prepare at home.
- One cup of plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoonful of the tandoori spice blend
- One tablespoon of dried fenugreek
- Half tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 750 grams of boneless chicken thighs
- Three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Cumin seeds
- 2 cups of diced red onions
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- One tablespoon of turmeric
- Two tablespoons of minced ginger
- A can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger root, minced
- 35% whipping cream
- Crushed fenugreek about 1.5 tablespoons
- Two cups of chopped mushrooms
- One cup of chopped capsicum
- One tablespoon of garam masala
- 15 lasagna noodles
- One cup of ricotta cheese
- Two cups of mozzarella cheese
- 4 to 5 shredded basil leaves
For tandoori marinade
- Grab a large bowl. Add yoghurt, salt, pepper, squeezed lemon juice, fenugreek, and tandoori spice in it. Mix it evenly for adding chicken to it. Rotate it to coat it completely and cover the chicken with plastic wrap.
- Let it refrigerate up to 8 to 12 hours.
- Moving ahead, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, scrape the chicken previously marinated onto parchment paper over the baking sheet. Place it at the centre and bake for around 20- 25 minutes until it is wholly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let it stay for about 15 minutes.
- Dice chicken into approx. 5 mm cubes and place them in a bowl.
- Finally, cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge
Also read: Lasagna At Home: Easy And Simple Recipe Of The Famous Italian Dish At Home
Butter Chicken Sauce
- To prepare butter chicken sauce, pick up a saucepan and heat it.
- Pour butter and oil olive oil and keep the stove on medium.
- Put cumin seeds in the saucepan and stir it for about 2 minutes
- Add chopped onions, garlic and turmeric and stir continuously for 5 minutes until it turns golden.
- Then put ginger, tandoori spices and hot pepper flakes and frequently stir it for about 2 minutes.
- Pour about one cup of water, dices tomatoes, sugar, fenugreek and cream and bring the stove to sim.
- Keep stirring the mixture occasionally.
- After twenty minutes put chicken cubes and let it cook for about fifteen minutes.
- After you notice the sauce has thickened, keep it aside.
Also read: Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe To Make At Home Like A Pro Dessert Chef
- Use a saucepan to heat butter and olive oil on medium heat
- Put onion and garlic on the stove until golden-brown
- Add mushrooms and capsicums, stir them for about ten minutes until they are softened.
- The last step is to add salt, pepper and garam masala and let it cook for 2 minutes.
Also read: Paneer Bhurji: A Recipe Every Office Goer Must Try At Home
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before spreading 1/3rd butter sauce over the empty glass baking utensil.
- Place 5 pasta noodles over top and pour the ricotta cheese
- Top it with all the cooked vegetables
- Place 5 pasta noodles and repeat the same step
- Again, spread the same quantity of butter chicken sauce
- Top it with half the amount of mozzarella cheese
- Add remaining pasta noodles and evenly spread remaining sauce
- Sprinkle the leftover mozzarella cheese and cover it with foil, keeping in mind to let it not spoil the toppings
- Bake for around 45 minutes
- Take it out, remove foil, sprinkle basil over it before baking for another 5 minutes.
- Set it aside for about ten minutes serving hot.
Also read: What Is Threaded Paneer And A Simple Recipe To Make It At Home